Ginger beard

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
As regards their rank. I wouldn't be surprised if someone som where has a piece of paper appointing them to the Brevet rank of Major.
I read today that it's normal for royals who have left the Armed Forces to continue to be promoted in line with their peer group. Had Harry still been serving, he'd be a major now, so he got promoted yesterday.

Had William worn his Irish Guards uniform, he'd have worn full Colonel. Since he too would by now be a major in the Household Cavalry, he also wore said uniform so as not to seriously outrank the groom.

The person who wrote the article seems to think, like so many others, that USA rules the world and now has its own royal family by inviting the British cousins to take part. A rather pathetic article to my mind though it takes all sorts. I just wish it did not include the majority of those from the USA.
It's their Imperium, for now. For how long, we shall see.

Aye - and Big Bill Speakman VC., wears a beard with his Royal Hospital uniform - even at his advanced age he'd still be able to chin the OP!
I've long thought of Bill Speakman VC as a 'Soldiers' soldier'.
I can't spot him on the group photo- I do hope he is in good health.

Johnson Beharry VC is now wearing a sash - has he been promoted ?

I've long thought of Bill Speakman VC as a 'Soldiers' soldier'.
I can't spot him on the group photo- I do hope he is in good health.

Johnson Beharry VC is now wearing a sash - has he been promoted ?
I had the pleasure to serve with Bill in the KOSB (he is absent from the photo). Well into his 80s, he is not so robust now, confined to a wheelchair though still in good spirits.

Far worse than a ginger beard is the fashion amongst some middle aged and elderly men to sport designer stubble. They seem to be under the misapprehension that it makes them look edgy and young. It does exactly the opposite, especially if the beard is greying. It adds about fifteen years and makes them look like street drinkers.

Right up there with balding men with ponytails.

And long shorts.
Let it all out mate, you'll feel so much better.

If Harry can't be arsed to abide by the regs by shaving off his beard he should ditch wearing the uniform.
@Standbyyourbeds

He is not the only person to wear a beard when in uniform. i have seen pictures of this gentleman in uniform and wearing a beard. I am posting the pictures so that if you see him in uniform you can advise him that he is in violation of the regulations. I am sure he will thank you for the advice.

KentRN.jpg
kentraf.jpg
KentArmy.jpg

Last edited:

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
When you have all recovered from this hissy fit about Prince H's set, I draw your attention to Admiral Lawrence whose morning suit trousers appear to be held up by a belt rather than braces so concertina-folding on his shoes. Shows that just about anybody can get into the R Family now. AAAAArgh! I'm still recovering from seeing a full admiral in Mess Dress wearing a made-up bow tie. Standards, standards!

(My version of Mrs S' hysteria about Camilla's hat but then the sight of Camilla on the box sets her off anyway).

When you have all recovered from this hissy fit about Prince H's set, I draw your attention to Admiral Lawrence whose morning suit trousers appear to be held up by a belt rather than braces so concertina-folding on his shoes. Shows that just about anybody can get into the R Family now. AAAAArgh! I'm still recovering from seeing a full admiral in Mess Dress wearing a made-up bow tie. Standards, standards!

(My version of Mrs S' hysteria about Camilla's hat but then the sight of Camilla on the box sets her off anyway).
What was wrong with her hat? It shielded her from the cameras when she was having a snigger at the black pastor.