Ginge in the army? ;)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Manc_lad93, Jul 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I am going to apply for the infantry (mercian) and i was wondering what to expect in basic training off the soliders who train you (are they CPL's?).

Am guessing that it is going to be a nightmare anyone seen or experienced anything?

I know its a bit of a bone question and you probably pissed yourself when you seen the title haha

2. I was amazed at the enthusiasm of the instructors at basic (having done 15yrs in civvie street).

Yep, they'll take the piss - take it on the chin with a smile. Yep, they'll have you running from pillar to post, but what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

And yes, it will seem like 'silly buggers' at times, but it's all just a game - you just have to learn the rules.

Best adage I know to get me through a tough day - 'train hard, fight easy'.

Best of luck & enjoy mate.

3. I know it aint easy but i also know ill get the extra stick haha thanks for the kind words mate was expecting some funny and rude reply's, well there is time yet

4. Man the **** up and dont tollerate any bullying! If you dont like being victimised for being ginger dont be! Smack the **** out of a few people and they'll be calling you Nails or some other shite. Your attitude gives the rest of us gwars a bad rep!

Grow a pair - You Ginger Tosser!

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

thought that needed fixing, dont worry about the charge as I'm sure you'll return the favour

6. - Dye your hair, get a spray tan? He's Ginger not gay (I'm assuming) Grumblegrunt as he's joining the Mercians not 3 Para Mortars!

7. Grumblegrunt

he'd get points for good cam though and more offers on troop nights out.

8. If thats his plan then I would have thought he would have been better off getting a Sheeps Skin Jacket and applying to a Welsh Regiment?

• Like Like x 1
  9. You (Ginge) do realise you are joining the British Army don't you? And it is hard? sometimes very hard. Lets be clear here you may find your ginger hair and the rest of you toe to toe with the Afghan hordes, Bleating about being worried about your hair will be the least of your worries.
    Anyway all the best!

10. exactly as he says ginge it'll be the least of your worries, with that pasty white complexion just pray for a winter tour.

11. Wait until you see a ginger Afghan, even you'll be able to laugh at them!

On a serious note, you will get the piss taken out of you in depot whatever your hair or skin colour, the trick is learning to deal with it.

If you can't deal with a bit of banter, you definately won't like someone shooting at you.

12. hang himself?

• Like Like x 2
  13. It doesn't matter what you look like, you're going to get the piss taken out of you. If you're a good soldier, however, no one will give a **** about anything else.

Best of luck.

14. Grumblegrunt

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer, dyed hair, close shave, fake tan, pretend to be a confused homosexual so the women take pity on you then plant your evil seed into her womb.

did you know hitler was ginger, pale skin dark hair, no friends, refused to have kids, mainy appeared in black and white etc... he had a jewish barber who teased him apparently.

gwar = japanese knotweed of the gene pool :)

15. Grumblegrunt

and another one