Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Gina Miller

You also have the right to challenge both the injustice and the answer to your question in court. If it's a case of you can't afford the legal costs then do what some on here suggest about how GM and getting backing, something like a go fund me type thing, Could be a lot of folks agree with you and will contribte.

Mate I agree with you, it isn't right but the thing is this conversation is not about that. It's about her right to a legal challenge against the government. You have exactly the same right to challenge what you see as injustice and the answer you were given.

It seems to me that your MP has forgotten whom they represent and that both they and the government are answerable to the people, (well that's the theory anyway). We both know the reality is somewhat different.

True.

I live here, but I am NOT French. Even if I had the right (on EUpaper) to complain, I never would, because, again, I am NOT French. I don't have the moral right, irrespective of the law, to tell them how to run their country.

If you are a citizen of France regardless of where you were born you have the same rights to criticize the French Government. Whether you choose to or not is a personal choice, but you still have the right to challenge the government in court should you change your mind.

Brexit might not happen.

Right
laff.jpg

If you are a citizen of France regardless of where you were born you have the same rights to criticize the French Government. Whether you choose to or not is a personal choice, but you still have the right to challenge the government in court should you change your mind.
Really? Try it. See how far you get.

But still a situation where a minority want to overturn the wishes of the majority.

That's not the way I see matters at all. Parliament needs to have a good look at matters and attempt to make a decision. If it can't then politics will continue one way or another.

Democracy didn't die 30 months ago.

No you have to earn the passport to live in France, ie 5 years in the Army

Okay but that just one way of doing it, I'm sure there are other legal ways of achieving French citizenship. Mate every country makes one jump through the legal hoops to get citizenship, they don't just give it away.

That's not the way I see matters at all. Parliament needs to have a good look at matters and attempt to make a decision. If it can't then politics will continue one way or another.

Democracy didn't die 30 months ago.

The "way you see it" is different to how other people see it
Would you like a little bet on what will happen, I will take a "no deal"