Gina Miller

People need to stop getting so excited, this is just a process, Gina Miller is doing no more than you or I are entitled to do. Ultimately she has done her cause more harm than good, her efforts have probably contributed to the strength of the Conservatives majority.

She may still challenge things in the British courts, whatever the outcome the Tories can introduce a bill, with impunity, to counter it.

I feel any attempts, by her, in the ECJ will be met with frustration and could even cause a harder BREXIT.

Like BL, BB and amazing lobster et al, she’s got nothing to say and she’s saying it too loud.
The ECJ have already stated it's not their issue to address.

I agree, leave her to prattle on and bang her drum and the more noise she makes, the less relevant and listened to she becomes. Until her EU backers abandon her as a spent tool.

Bit like Thunberg on the Eco front. Once backers decide they have run their course, assets are then cast aside.
Sorry to disagree with both of you, but as the ira said after Brighton they only have to get lucky once. Same goes for remainers, they get some willing tool/fool and forget Brexit, and with it democracy. Wr've been jerked around by those remainers for over three years now. I still don't trust ANY of those bars tards a fraction of, never mind the whole inch. I'll believe in Brexit when it happens.

NSP

LE
Again, how do they have relevance in the British Government brexit with the eu?

How do they pressure a 80 seat majority Boris brexit parliament?
How do they have any input in trade negotiations with the eu?
How do they pressure trade negotiations for as soft a Brexit as possible when we have to Brexit before we can start talks on trading relations...?

I.e. when we're conducting trade treaty talks we'll have already "got Brexit done."

Sorry to disagree with both of you, but as the ira said after Brighton they only have to get lucky once. Same goes for remainers, they get some willing tool/fool and forget Brexit, and with it democracy. Wr've been jerked around by those remainers for over three years now. I still don't trust ANY of those bars tards a fraction of, never mind the whole inch. I'll believe in Brexit when it happens.
Quite agree. And for that reason BJPM needs to enact legislation to tighten up information security during trade negotiations including an early commitment from the EU side to do the same - with some kind of financial penalty imposed on the final settlement if they default. No more unauthorized access to information, no more peddling bullshit to those who don't want the thing to work and stiff penalties for anyone caught at it - including Ms Miller.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
People need to stop getting so excited, this is just a process, Gina Miller is doing no more than you or I are entitled to do. Ultimately she has done her cause more harm than good, her efforts have probably contributed to the strength of the Conservatives majority.

She may still challenge things in the British courts, whatever the outcome the Tories can introduce a bill, with impunity, to counter it.

I feel any attempts, by her, in the ECJ will be met with frustration and could even cause a harder BREXIT.

Like BL, BB and amazing lobster et al, she’s got nothing to say and she’s saying it too loud.
I completely agree. The best thing that could happen is an endless procession of impotent, woke snobs continually parading their arrogance and insufferable sense of entitlement and reminding the British electorate why they voted for Leave and Boris.

I want Gina Miller as next leader of the Lib-Dems

BEAMONT123

War Hero
Quite agree. And for that reason BJPM needs to enact legislation to tighten up information security during trade negotiations including an early commitment from the EU side to do the same - with some kind of financial penalty imposed on the final settlement if they default. No more unauthorized access to information, no more peddling bullshit to those who don't want the thing to work and stiff penalties for anyone caught at it - including Ms Miller.
How would you enforce that ? A leak can come from any source ... remainer civil servants on our side - or anti EU administrators on the opp side. Any journalist would seize on an exclusive regardless of source.

re Tisdall read ...

The Guardian complied with a court order to hand over the documents, which were identified as coming from an FCO photocopying machine. The machine led to Tisdall ...

So much for journalistic integrity.

How would you enforce that ? A leak can come from any source ... remainer civil servants on our side - or anti EU administrators on the opp side. Any journalist would seize on an exclusive regardless of source.

re Tisdall read ...

The Guardian complied with a court order to hand over the documents, which were identified as coming from an FCO photocopying machine. The machine led to Tisdall ...

So much for journalistic integrity.
Are 'D' notices still enforceable?

Are 'D' notices still enforceable?
They never were. The "D" notice system was voluntary. Drama productions including statements such as "Get a "D" notice slapped on that" were boll*cks.

The Official Secrets Acts, however, is definitely enforceable. You don't have to have signed it to be subject to it. It's a bit like saying that you aren't subject to the various Road Traffic Acts just because you never signed up to them.

Latest Threads