Gina Miller

What has become of her? I was reminded this morning that the current mess we are in re Brexit/Parliamentary votes etc was due to her and her supporters bringing the court case.

I looked at the Brexit threads but couldn't see anywhere suitable for this.

Back in the Op Banner days there was a little known Contingency Plan developed over a two year period of what to do in the event that all out civil war began in NI. It had a Military Contingency, it had a Civil Contingency, it had a Contingency for Air Transport and for Ports, it had in fact, a Contingency Plan for almost every aspect of socio-economic life including a Civil Service proposal for administrative government of the province. It had a plan for population relocation (what we would now call 'ethnic cleansing' - but, it was a plan. The whole thing was produced, refined and reproduced until it resembled a workable proposition and, thankfully, it was never needed.
You would think that the tossers at Westminster some fifty f**king years later would be capable, with all the technology and 'expert' business and legal minds at their disposal, of coming up with a programme of debate, issues to address and a mechanism through which to conduct some kind of workable review into this bloody shambles - because any plan thus produced is definitely going to be used.

What has become of her? I was reminded this morning that the current mess we are in re Brexit/Parliamentary votes etc was due to her and her supporters bringing the court case.

The current state of the country is down to the government. That's it.

It would make my day if the media blame and vilify her for the current mess .

no_idea

War Hero
Saw her being interviewed on BBC News channel a few days ago. Definitely still around.

If it hadn’t been for her and the court case, we would already have May’s Withdrawal Agreement confirmedi in Law.

the current shit state is definitely all Gina Miller's fault. It's absolutely nothing to do with with internicene political manouvering for selfish, carrearist reasons. It's also absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the DS solution to the whole sorry mess (i.e NI remains more closely aligned) is being vetoed by fundamentalists.

Furthermore, it's worth noting that Gina Miller was absolutely not the figurehead for a number of constitutional lawyers who needed a private citizen to bring a case to prevent a government action which they believed set a dangerous preceedent of essentially allowing HMG's of the future to make arbritary decisions without consulting the legislative body.

Finally, at least the case that was bought by Mrs Miller wasn't found to have legal merit by the supreme court - oh, hang on......

Last edited:

SixBadges

On ROPS
On ROPs
So nobody knows!
She's been touring the UK trying to promote a second referendum financed by Open Britain (yes, the Soros-funded group). She has given several media interviews recently in which she states that the majority of the country want a second referendum because they didn't know what they were voting for in 2016.

Back in the Op Banner days there was a little known Contingency Plan developed over a two year period of what to do in the event that all out civil war began in NI. It had a Military Contingency, it had a Civil Contingency, it had a Contingency for Air Transport and for Ports, it had in fact, a Contingency Plan for almost every aspect of socio-economic life including a Civil Service proposal for administrative government of the province. It had a plan for population relocation (what we would now call 'ethnic cleansing' - but, it was a plan. The whole thing was produced, refined and reproduced until it resembled a workable proposition and, thankfully, it was never needed.
You would think that the tossers at Westminster some fifty f**king years later would be capable, with all the technology and 'expert' business and legal minds at their disposal, of coming up with a programme of debate, issues to address and a mechanism through which to conduct some kind of workable review into this bloody shambles - because any plan thus produced is definitely going to be used.
You are right but in government and elsewhere remainers are stymieing the Leave result so we have disharmony everywhere. They believe Leavers were wrong and are intent on forcing us to stay in - so why would there be plans for something they believe to be wrong and foil-able.

The government did not prepare a leave plan because they expected us to toe the line and vote to stay in.

You are right but in government and elsewhere remainers are stymieing the Leave result so we have disharmony everywhere. They believe Leavers were wrong and are intent on forcing us to stay in - so why would there be plans for something they believe to be wrong and foil-able.
That doesn’t explain why no plans have been made to leave. It is poorly cobbled together sophistry.
Why haven’t Brexiteers made any actual plans for leaving if they believe ithey are right?

She's been touring the UK trying to promote a second referendum financed by Open Britain (yes, the Soros-funded group). She has given several media interviews recently in which she states that the majority of the country want a second referendum because they didn't know what they were voting for in 2016.
She`s not even British born FFS.

Latest Threads