Gin.

triggerigger

War Hero
I haven't seen a bottle of Galliano for years.
Distant memories of the LAD bar at Lisanelly Omagh in 79/80. Harvey Wallbangers all round.
Harvey wallbanger is the cocktail assassins wepon of choice for folk wot don't drink
Tropicana smooth rinse the ice with Galliano and you can hide unfeasible amounts of smirinof in a tall glass
It's gert lush and full of vitamin c

Chef

LE
I haven't seen a bottle of Galliano for years.
Distant memories of the LAD bar at Lisanelly Omagh in 79/80. Harvey Wallbangers all round.
A few years back, armed with a book of cocktail recipes a wedge of us purchased all the ingredients, Galliano, Curcao, Angostura* and the like, some bottles of supermarket spirits and worked our way through the book.

As we were all wearing DJs and in the case of the ladies, party frocks this was emphatically an experiment in cocktail mixing and not a lengthy falling over session.

The small bottle of Galliano hung around for years.

*We had that already.

triggerigger

War Hero
A few years back, armed with a book of cocktail recipes a wedge of us purchased all the ingredients, Galliano, Curcao, Angostura* and the like, some bottles of supermarket spirits and worked our way through the book.

As we were all wearing DJs and in the case of the ladies, party frocks this was emphatically an experiment in cocktail mixing and not a lengthy falling over session.

The small bottle of Galliano hung around for years.

*We had that already.
You only need a hint and I don't know anything else to do with it I think I'm on my second bottle. A useful but specific tool like Angostura bitters for brandy sours.
I struggle to find suitable lemon squash for them now.

Rab_C

War Hero
Tesco gin with good tonic MIXED PROPERLY is better than fancy gin and good tonic mixed badly. You can never get away with poor quality mixers.
The secret is mix in the correct order and allow the ice to melt. The difference is as apparent as when red wine has been allowed to breathe or not. The difference between very nice and wow.
If I had to drink one gin for the rest of my days. Gordons, Schweppes, lemon. Ice. Tanquiry is good and I like bulldog the Isle of weight stuff is excellent but my favorite fancy gin is the Japanese one in the octagonal bottle that I can never remember the name of.
Cheers
I really don’t know where to start, if that’s what you like then go ahead and enjoy it but do not espouse it as THE G&T.
Crap gin + any tonic = crap G&T. Let the ice melt = watered down crap G&T. Too much of even a good tonic = crap G&T.
Good Gin, glass full of ice, top of with decent tonic, finish drinking before half of the ice has melted, tonic to be no more than 30% of the total mix.
Do not get me started on the women’s drink of flavoured Gin. Gin is basically juniper and a few other minor aromatics.
Check the spelling of the brands you abuse...l

triggerigger

War Hero
I really don’t know where to start, if that’s what you like then go ahead and enjoy it but do not espouse it as THE G&T.
Crap gin + any tonic = crap G&T. Let the ice melt = watered down crap G&T. Too much of even a good tonic = crap G&T.
Good Gin, glass full of ice, top of with decent tonic, finish drinking before half of the ice has melted, tonic to be no more than 30% of the total mix.
Do not get me started on the women’s drink of flavoured Gin. Gin is basically juniper and a few other minor aromatics.
Check the spelling of the brands you abuse...l
Yes dear

Dr Death

War Hero
Hendricks Gin plus fever tree tonic, all is good.

I've just had a lovely Spanking Rodger........ Made in Gibraltar and named after some Pongo! Favourite is Ophir, but have all these to play with too! It's handy being so close to Gib! My bottleof Ophir is (I think, a tenner).
IMG_20150117_075637.jpg
IMG_20150117_075656.jpg

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry for delay,
GSTO25FF 25% off code, discount still works as I post this.

JackSofty

War Hero
Currently enjoying Gordon's - Premium Pink Gin, with some Fever Tree Mediterranean Light.

Delicious
Not sure about this fashion for pink-coloured gins (there seems to have been a proliferation recently).
It can only cause even further confusion when requesting a pink gin at whichever bar and having to explain, yet again, what it consists of, how to prepare it, the only question that is required of the barkeep (left in or thrown out) and NO effing tonic water.
I am guessing that somebody in a distillery marketing dept. had heard or read that pink gin used to be very popular and got the wrong end of the stick altogether.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Latest Threads