Gin

Discussion in 'Officers' started by msr, May 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

So which brand should I offer guests and which should I drink (when no-one is watching)?

msr

2. Bombay Sapphire offered......Gordons drank.

3. Bombay Saphire for me!

4. Thirded for Bombay

5. Bombay Sapphire, as bought in duty free. 48% proof. Delicious and lethal!

6. Bombay offered - Hendricks drank, with cucumber of course.

7. msr

msr LE

Funnily enough, I brought a bottle of BS back from Cyprus and simply cannot taste the difference between that and an 'own brand' label :(

msr

8. Gordons for guests and potcheen and coke for when they've left.

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Plymouth Gin - for both

10. Bombay or Gordons for either purpose - interchangeable depending upon your stock levels. :judge:

Also use a slice of lime from time to time, instead of lemon, for a change.

11. Bombay Sapphire for the guests

[​IMG]

And a nice Tanqueray No 10 secretly stowed away for yourself..... The Cloggies are pretty good at mind-relaxing substances, after all!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

12. Hendricks for guests who can tell the difference. Hemdricks for the first one yourself with Gordons to follow on with.

13. Lime is what a lot of trendy bars use - it's just not the same at all in my book.

I find Tanqueray's a little harsh to be honest.

14. Bombay for me and Tesco's finest for the guests, with lime - it disguises a multitude of sins.

15. A former CO of 7RHA used to have 'gin and tonic' which was made from tonic and a slice of lemon. He found it put his guests at ease that he appeared to be drinking and his officers on their toes because they knew he wasn't.