Gin

So which brand should I offer guests and which should I drink (when no-one is watching)?

msr

Funnily enough, I brought a bottle of BS back from Cyprus and simply cannot taste the difference between that and an 'own brand' label :(

msr

Gordons for guests and potcheen and coke for when they've left.

Bombay or Gordons for either purpose - interchangeable depending upon your stock levels. :judge:

Also use a slice of lime from time to time, instead of lemon, for a change.

Bombay Sapphire for the guests

And a nice Tanqueray No 10 secretly stowed away for yourself..... The Cloggies are pretty good at mind-relaxing substances, after all!!!!!!!

Hendricks for guests who can tell the difference. Hemdricks for the first one yourself with Gordons to follow on with.

Lime is what a lot of trendy bars use - it's just not the same at all in my book.

I find Tanqueray's a little harsh to be honest.

Bombay for me and Tesco's finest for the guests, with lime - it disguises a multitude of sins.

Tanqueray No 10. Beautiful stuff. Feed the minions Gordons - still reasonable and they can't complain about it.

Gordons for guests, Waitrose own for quaffing. Alternatively, any old meths will do.

Either Bombay Sapphire or this little number:

Absolutely gorgeous! Oh and another thing, I've tried other brands of tonic, eg own brand types, it always has to be Schweppes.

Wishful_Thinking said:
Either Bombay Sapphire or this little number:

Absolutely gorgeous! Oh and another thing, I've tried other brands of tonic, eg own brand types, it always has to be Schweppes.
NO, schweppes has sweetners in it. Sainsbury's own brand is better. fevertree is better still.

Haven't managed to get the Fentimans tonic yet but I'm willing to bet that it's the best out.

Ex-Stab,

I've got three unopened bottles of Sainsbury's own brand tonic in the fridge. I've tried it and I'm either giving them away or they are going down the sink! :(

Wishy