Gillette: for Men?

How is an advert pointing out that we should be setting a good example to our sons that we should be treating women with respect and that violence is not the best solution be so upsetting to posters on here.
Public Information films were ace.

Preachy razor ads are cringe.

Because it implies that the majority of us are under-performing in those respects, whereas I'd suggest that the opposite is true - at least in Western society.
Too right we are and any bitch who says otherwise needs chastising with a taste of the back of a hand.

Meanwhile in fully-woke Australia:

1547712325866.png

They have of course removed the sign and apologised. FFS . . .

How is an advert pointing out that we should be setting a good example to our sons that we should be treating women with respect and that violence is not the best solution be so upsetting to posters on here.
You are right in isolation, but people react to these things because it forms a pattern of top down abuse where men are now routinely slagged off to the high heavens. I would add, where is the balance in all these feminist portrayals of men been ever so bad ?? I am in my 40s and have worked with and dated lots of women, many good and decent people, some very unstable. Their seems a reluctance to ever draw attention to womens own failings and expressions of bad behaviour and I find that rather hypocrical.

I fully agree with supporting our sons to treat women with respect and fully support the idea despite my experiences with the mother of my children. Here's an idea though .. Gillette make razors for women so why haven't they made a video patronisingly lecturing women that their kids need their fathers when they deny them access ??, or that violence against men is something that should be tackled ?? .. Is it because they don't care ??, is it because it doesn't fit the current feminist bellowing that all men are nasty and need to be lectured on how to contain their "toxic masculinity" against all the gentle fluffy women of the world ??, or that they just maintain that violence against men is something that either doesn't exist or just doesn't need to be approached ?? .. hard to know when they address just one side of the coin.

The advert doesn't annoy me in any way, it makes a good point albeit in a cringey way. It just paints one side of the a situation that needs to be highlighted and dealt with .. The five inch scar from the wound that my ex wife carved on my forearm with a serrated bread knife while I was asleep is proof of that.

And on we go...
PIERS MORGAN: Why are man-shaming Gillette so proud to embrace the misogynist Chrissy Teigen ? | Daily Mail Online
I’ve never heard of Chrissy Tiegen either.
Personally I’ve always found Gillette, overly priced, overly bladed (five blades, really?) overly packaged (We’re such an ethical company but as long as our product is nice and shiny, screw the environment)
I’m required to shave for work and hobby or would have gone the full on Shir Sean Connery ages ago. I found a nice cheap online company and never looked back, minimal packaging and does the job.

You have not been paying attention have you? While you have been away the world has changed and this is just another in a long line of material designed to make men feel guilty for being men and to turn us all into soy boys that are controlled by women who have no idea what it means to be a man

And on we go...
PIERS MORGAN: Why are man-shaming Gillette so proud to embrace the misogynist Chrissy Teigen ? | Daily Mail Online
I’ve never heard of Chrissy Tiegen either.
Personally I’ve always found Gillette, overly priced, overly bladed (five blades, really?) overly packaged (We’re such an ethical company but as long as our product is nice and shiny, screw the environment)
I’m required to shave for work and hobby or would have gone the full on Shir Sean Connery ages ago. I found a nice cheap online company and never looked back, minimal packaging and does the job.
chrissy teigen is a former model and frankly has more balls than morgans will ever have

If Morgans can't lean on it with his full bony body weight he's not interested. He picks his female victims well and his areas of interest to suit his dogshit following on twitter

typical cowardly bully boy

Wow, your spiders are talented. Not sure I'd want a spider in the house that can do all that though.
spiders don't do much in the house at the moment, so I say they may as well help open jars

Well, for a start one of the scenes was a parent intervening in two boys engaged in 'rough and tumble' play (35 seconds in, bookended by the comment "boys will be boys") - whereas the real scientists suggest that this form of play is actually really important for healthy development amongst adolescent males:

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research
The kid on top had full mount and was setting up a cross choke. You let him away with that and it could lead to Brazilian JiuJitsu.

I fully agree with supporting our sons to treat women with respect and fully support the idea despite my experiences with the mother of my children. Here's an idea though .. Gillette make razors for women so why haven't they made a video patronisingly lecturing women that their kids need their fathers when they deny them access ??, or that violence against men is something that should be tackled ?? .. Is it because they don't care ??, is it because it doesn't fit the current feminist bellowing that all men are nasty and need to be lectured on how to contain their "toxic masculinity" against all the gentle fluffy women of the world ??, or that they just maintain that violence against men is something that either doesn't exist or just doesn't need to be approached ?? .. hard to know when they address just one side of the coin.

The advert doesn't annoy me in any way, it makes a good point albeit in a cringey way. It just paints one side of the a situation that needs to be highlighted and dealt with .. The five inch scar from the wound that my ex wife carved on my forearm with a serrated bread knife while I was asleep is proof of that.
I hadn't considered the additional point you make, that they can be unstable enough to commit violent acts (well made).... I do chuckle at the idea that mental abuse can be only one way. The ladies are far better at manipulating words and intentionally misrepresentating actions than men. But the point been, not they are worse than men, but, they aren't saints in all this.

When I see an advert encouraging the girls to be nicer, I will maybe think more about my own actions.

A man cant even be a man anymore without being branded as toxic.

None the less anyone spending north of £20 for 10 fusion blades needs their heads shaking, vigorously.

At the risk of sounding like a deranged old bed-wetter i still shave using a double edge razor and blades. Much better.

... cheap, good shaver.... linky please?
You probably can't do better than the LIDL Cien Shark 5 - made in the same factory as the Harry's that get sold online. £2.99 for handle and one blade, £3.79 for 4 blades compared to £7.50 for 4 from Harrys.

1547733998826.png

I'll just leave this here:

I don't advocate violence in general but if Piers had turned and smacked the condescending cnut in the boat race I would have applauded. Would have been good to see, especially if Piers had a moment of regret in doing so & offed himself live on air.

If there is toxic masculinity, then surely there is non toxic masculinity which we need to encourage?

I saw a YouTube clip where some old fella was interviewed and he described interviewing young men and asking how they would respond if a man spitted in the face of their mother/wife/girlfriend. A significant number said they would stop to think about what sort of day the spitter was having. WTF?

It is like the lie of pacifism. It favours the aggressor and not the victim.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vampireuk The Intelligence Cell 4
mercurydancer Military History and Militaria 3
TheVisitor Miscellaneous Jokes 0