Gillette: for Men?

Gillette not only sounds gay and French, but is also a padded poof jackets name,probably also of the Napoleonic feminine tense.
Doubt they were in demand at Badajoz.

Gillette not only sounds gay and French, but is also a padded poof jackets name,probably also of the Napoleonic feminine tense.
Doubt they were in demand at Badajoz.
So much for 'the best a man can get'.

I'm not that fussed. It doesn't apply to me anyway. I hold to the old fashioned ideas of what a real man should be. I don't grow that much hair on my face, and what does grow can be easily removed with a sharp Bowie knife.

Detail of Indian Marksmen.JPG

Still don't know what the whole fuss is all about. It's a decent ad. Maybe in the Nike Copernick mold, but seriously? All this ruckus about some shaving ad? How f-ing sensitive do you have to be, or insecure about your own manhoods?
If you haven't yet noticed it's merely one more part in a pattern, then your mind's eye needs contact lenses.

Gillette.PNG

I agree with what this guy posted on Twitter. Yes there's a strong push by modern feminism on the 'patriarchy', 'toxic masculinity', the wage gap etc. But the reaction to it has been rather hysterical in some quarters and dare I say snow flakey. If we look at statistics on violent crime and incarceration rates then clearly there is some truth to the message. At the same time it's hard not to come to the conclusion that this is a cynical corporate ploy to cash in on the zeitgeist for social justice in order to appease a small but vocal minority with certain political slogans. I think someone like Jordan B. Peterson is far more likely to get through to them than this sort of gimmicky approach.

View attachment 372214

I agree with what this guy posted on Twitter. Yes there's a strong push by modern feminism on the 'patriarchy', 'toxic masculinity', the wage gap etc. But the reaction to it has been rather hysterical in some quarters and dare I say snow flakey. If we look at statistics on violent crime and incarceration rates then clearly there is some truth to the message.
Whoah, whoah - what are you, some kind of racist?

Didn't they use an F18 as part of the early marketing for their Mach 3 range of stubble lifters?

Surely it should have been Gillette Mach 1.8

Supposedly; that's what the guy in Sedona said, but it's really 'layered' steel, not wootz, which would be really expensive. Sharpens up nicely on a belt, and can be admired before applying to the neck. If that's your bag, man.
There is no real need for damascus/wootz, pattern welded or watered steel with modern foundry steels, they were needed for the older bloomery steels to spread the stresses caused by impurities and evenly distribute the carbon content.

View attachment 372214

I agree with what this guy posted on Twitter. Yes there's a strong push by modern feminism on the 'patriarchy', 'toxic masculinity', the wage gap etc. But the reaction to it has been rather hysterical in some quarters and dare I say snow flakey. If we look at statistics on violent crime and incarceration rates then clearly there is some truth to the message. At the same time it's hard not to come to the conclusion that this is a cynical corporate ploy to cash in on the zeitgeist for social justice in order to appease a small but vocal minority with certain political slogans. I think someone like Jordan B. Peterson is far more likely to get through to them than this sort of gimmicky approach.
What do you think about the proportion of black people incarcerated in the US? Should Gillette have done an ad about that, or is it off-limits?

There is no real need for damascus/wootz, pattern welded or watered steel with modern foundry steels, they were needed for the older bloomery steels to spread the stresses caused by impurities and evenly distribute the carbon content.
But pretty, in a manly sort of way.

But pretty, in a manly sort of way.
I made a dirk blade with a Damascus look alike once, was hard work took me weeks just to make the steel ingot to start.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
06FA56Paderborn Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 4
mechanicalhorsetrough Old & Bold 89
TheVisitor Miscellaneous Jokes 0