Gillette: for Men?

Yeah it’s awful, I didn’t feel offended by it in any way. Maybe I’m not the target audience of the advert.
Guess I’ll continue buying Gillete blades for £18 or whatever it is now, and be a big girly girl.

P.S is this the bite that you were hunting for?

Quiet, you big gayer.

It's not about faux outrage. It's mainly amused bafflement at the stupidly of alienating customers. Secondly, why is everything suddenly political? Why does a razor company need to adopt a political stance? Why do TV programmes need to push political ideas? What happened to razor companies focusing on making razors? Why can't TV shows be entertainment, rather than 'Hey, let's think about the social issues?'.
Simple two word answer to all your questions, raising wah shield, political correctness.

.......Acres of coverage. They'll sell more than ever
Unlike @Sixty I reckon that Gillette have ballsed this up and sales will drop.
I think they've alienated their target market, but I don't think there will be a significant shift in sales either way. Why? Because mum does the shopping and whatever him indoors says about "Don't buy that Gillette stuff.. I'm taking a stand" until him indoors actually bothers to accompany her down the Tesco aisles then he's gonna get what he's always been given.

Sales will not go down unless lazy arsed blokes either start ordering alternative blades online or they start doing the shopping themselves.... and that ain't gonna happen.

As an advertising campaign it's been a 'nearly Gerald Ratner moment' but it'll pass.

It's not about faux outrage. It's mainly amused bafflement at the stupidly of alienating customers. Secondly, why is everything suddenly political? Why does a razor company need to adopt a political stance? Why do TV programmes need to push political ideas? What happened to razor companies focusing on making razors? Why can't TV shows be entertainment, rather than 'Hey, let's think about the social issues?'.
Men use the razors, women do the shopping.;)

Still don't know what the whole fuss is all about. It's a decent ad. Maybe in the Nike Copernick mold, but seriously? All this ruckus about some shaving ad? How f-ing sensitive do you have to be, or insecure about your own manhoods?

Still don't know what the whole fuss is all about. It's a decent ad. Maybe in the Nike Copernick mold, but seriously? All this ruckus about some shaving ad? How f-ing sensitive do you have to be, or insecure about your own manhoods?
Wow! Really?

Shaving with anything but a safety blade or cutthroat (or, I suppose, a bowie knife) is a clear indication of a lack of confidence and a weak resistance to advertising guff (no, you don't need five blades on the thing). Relicts of my far past before I decided that facial hair is necessary to differentiate my skin from a girl's, a multisexual's or a baby's bum:
View attachment 372095
But then, I doubt that I'm part of the target group for Gillette's wanky advert.
Is that Damascus steel?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mercurydancer Military History and Militaria 3
06FA56Paderborn Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 4
TheVisitor Miscellaneous Jokes 0