Gig guide???

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by DieHard, Sep 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

I have noticed that everyone likes a bit of music but because of various events going on people are missing out, so if anyone knows of any gigs coming up that may interest others could they post the details.
    It would be good for some people to unwind after ops or for others to relive some old memories, any music any band that interest you or you think is worth seeing. For instance Secret Affair are playing at 229 great portland street london w1 on 24th of november tel 0207 323 7229 or 229 the venue

2. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Some up coming gigs at my local in bedfordshire.
    Sham69 on the 27 july
    GBH 24 august
    The pistols( sex pistol tribute) 21 sept.
    Madness tribute 5th oct
    STIFF LITTLE FINGERS 13th sept, not a tribute act.
    Basicly a shf load of music inc ska, mod, metal and punk with dare i say it, a decent abba act if that rocks your boat.

Almost forgot the venue
    Harvest home Houghton Regis. Bedfordshire.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

3. Here's my forthcoming gigs. I will be at all the mentioned North East gigs, and most of the further afield gigs including the Blackpool Punk fest.

13/7/13 Chestwigs Gateshead Black Bull
    3/8/13 1977 Gateshead Three Tuns
    3/8/13 Damned Middlesboro Empire
    8-11/8/13 Damned/Cock Sparrer/UK Subs/Vice Squad/Defects/Drongos/Crashed Out/Exploited/Sham69/RedAlert/InfaRiot/CockneyRejects/AntiPasti/GBH/Discharge/Hotwired/Resistance77/Ed Banger & Nosebleeds
    Rebellion Festival Blackpool Winter Gardens
    7/9/13 Sham 69/Ruts DC/Steve Ignorant/Anti Nowhere League/Crashed Out/Fiend Newcastle Academy
    21/9/13 Ed Banger & Nosebleeds Gateshead Black Bull
    28/9/13 Defects Gateshead Black Bull
    17/10/13 Anti Nowhere League Bilston Robin
    26/10/13 English Dogs/Keyside Strike Middlesboro Legion
    7/11/13 Fiend/Vile Gateshead Black Bull
    14/11/13 Cockney Rejects Bilston Robin
    22/11/13 Cockney Rejects Carlisle Brickyard
    29/11/13 UK Subs Doncaster Leopard
    6/12/13 Damned Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall
    8/12/13 Damned Newcastle Academy
    13/12/13 UK Subs Birmingham O2 Academy
    14/12/13 1977 Gateshead Three Tuns
    14/12/13 Discharge/Vice Squad Middlesboro Legion

Motorhead are touring in the Autumn, but I refuse to go to shit venues like Newcastle City Hall.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Saw motorhead at folkestone winter gdns in the 80s, we were about 6ft from the speakers, created a slight problem with hearing on parade at Howe barracks the following morning:p

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

5. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

6. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

7. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

8. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

9. I'm going to see Wet Wet Wet at Leeds later this year, I'll be wanging my boxers at Marty Pellow.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Going to see the Misfits tomorrow in Cardiff, might even have a spare ticket if my mate pulls out.

Love the Misfits, can't wait

This sig block purposefully left blank

11. Peter Frampton. At the roundhouse on bonfire night, Can't wait.

12. I'm old, although judging by some of the previous posts so are you lot, so I'm going to see Fleetwood Mac in Cologne on 6th Oct. I've seen them before and I have to say, that for quality and repertoire they beat everyone else hands down.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roger Waters - The Wall Live, Manchester Arena 16th Sept. £175 for two tickets :pale:

14. Green Man Festival next weekend :) Patti Smith and John Cale - oh and Edwyn Collins. I haven't heard of anyone else who is there except The Swans but I live and learn.............