Gift ideas for an Ex-Tankie

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Firefighter9, Oct 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mods, please move if necessary!

Afternoon all,

I was hoping to pick your collective brains for gift ideas for an ex 3RTR (later 2RTR) chap that I know. I currently work with him and over the last 18 months he has assisted me in all aspects of my application to join the Army.

As I am obviously leaving my current employment, I was hoping to get him a small token of my appriciation, and wanted to relate it in some way to the Army and his regt.

I've perused google and thrown up nothing but zippos and hip flasks et al.

If anyone could point me in the direction of something they would consider a decent memento of time served with the RTR I'd be really grateful. My budget is around the £50 mark.

2. Decent memento of time served with the RTR I'd be really grateful? How about an ARV?
  3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Get him Armoured Farmer
  4. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

get him dermatitis cream .
  5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

There's a thread in this forum somewhere from several years ago that suggested a chrome Chieftain or similar on a plinth. The thread will take some digging out, but it'll keep you off the streets.
  6. Yep)) I understand your problem, it’s difficult to find something appropriate for an ex 3RTR, but everything is solvable in this world and the Internet is a good helper in this))) Personalised gifts is the solution for me if I have difficulty in choosing a gift for somebody. Last month I bought a pen for my 2RTR and he was very satisfied with my gift. So the site is very useful. I hope it will help you as well.
  7. Have a look here, owned by ex 3RTR chaps, nice blokes, smell a bit.

Rojeans Crystal

Have a cavalrymans head suitably mounted, that'll work too.
  8. You could always buy Tampax, the RTR are always on the blob.

Or sensible answer is Malcys stuff or his armoured Farmer book (and wheres the sequel) ??????
  9. A track pin???? and Malc,where is the damn sequel????
  10. Riding Lessons or a polo course, that should do it! or perhaps even
    A complete history of the RTR, he can watch it all on a 30 minute DVD and in glorious technicolour too!
  11. :fish::fish:

Good sport today, two in the net...
  12. Giggle Giggle, i just couldn't resist