Gift for Mess Do??????

Right I've read the posts on here and think I could get some half sensible suggestions (not brave enough to post on Naafi Board!).

For my sins i'm Entertainments for Xmas Mess Do, so need some suggestions on gifts for wives on arrival. Apparently as a woman I should have a good idea - well i don't! So if anyone has any ideas or places i can look please feel free to share the joy. :D

Oh and as we're a bunch of tight arses I've only got €5 per person.

Yeah thought of that, but apparently they always do that and want somethin different, plus in Cyprus so chocolate don't work so well!
Thanks though.

sphill199 said:
Right I've read the posts on here and think I could get some half sensible suggestions (not brave enough to post on Naafi Board!).

For my sins i'm Entertainments for Xmas Mess Do, so need some suggestions on gifts for wives on arrival. Apparently as a woman I should have a good idea - well i don't! So if anyone has any ideas or places i can look please feel free to share the joy. :D

Oh and as we're a bunch of tight arses I've only got €5 per person.
Gift token from marks and spencer cyprus

Small silver(ish) photo frame.

[ quote="thegimp"]Give them each a compulsary top row on entry[/quote]

:eek: :eek:

Love it!! I'm well up for that, have a feeling wont get the same response from the big man though!!
:(

how about a small item of jewellery

acl

Old-Salt
I agree with the Small silver(ish) photo frame idea, however, maybe you could replace the random pic they come with, with something made specially for them. Example, there could be a poem on the inside for each wife, obviously with something about the forces and their contribution as the silent ranks.
It is, after all, a big commitment to accept moving around and changing your whole life every 4 years, so I think something like this would show a little appreciation. It's cheap, simple and I suspect most of them would like it more than chocolates.
If your budget could be stretched any further, then perhaps a little engraved frame with such poem would be even nicer. A woman's touch to the gift and a little more classy.
This is my humble idea though, the wives might be not as corny as I am lol

PS: PM me if you want to go further with this idea. Happy to help x

I once received a small glass case with the RA crossed guns engraved on top. Personally, I think a poem would make most women let alone wives reach for a bucket!

acl1981 said:
I agree with the Small silver(ish) photo frame idea, however, maybe you could replace the random pic they come with, with something made specially for them. Example, there could be a poem on the inside for each wife, obviously with something about the forces and their contribution as the silent ranks.
It is, after all, a big commitment to accept moving around and changing your whole life every 4 years, so I think something like this would show a little appreciation. It's cheap, simple and I suspect most of them would like it more than chocolates.
If your budget could be stretched any further, then perhaps a little engraved frame with such poem would be even nicer. A woman's touch to the gift and a little more classy.
This is my humble idea though, the wives might be not as corny as I am lol

PS: PM me if you want to go further with this idea. Happy to help x
I cant think of anything mor chavy - I bet you have flying ducks on your wall at home dont you

We once held a ladies night and presented the wives and girlfriends with a small silver rose-holder. I still have my ex-wife's...

I was at a Mess do in Ballykinler a few years back and all the wives were given a framed print of the Mourne mountains. You could do something similar with Mount Olympus. If that's no good, go back to my first post. Bottle of Keo brandy!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
A little tinkly bell to use at home when she wants to summon her man ..