Gift for Mess Do??????

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by sphill199, Aug 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right I've read the posts on here and think I could get some half sensible suggestions (not brave enough to post on Naafi Board!).

For my sins i'm Entertainments for Xmas Mess Do, so need some suggestions on gifts for wives on arrival. Apparently as a woman I should have a good idea - well i don't! So if anyone has any ideas or places i can look please feel free to share the joy. :D

Oh and as we're a bunch of tight arses I've only got €5 per person.
  2. go with the usual individual choccys or sweeties in a gift box/bag. You can't go wrong.
  3. Yeah thought of that, but apparently they always do that and want somethin different, plus in Cyprus so chocolate don't work so well!
    Thanks though.
  4. Gift token from marks and spencer cyprus
  5. Give them each a compulsary top row on entry
  6. Small silver(ish) photo frame.
  7. [ quote="thegimp"]Give them each a compulsary top row on entry[/quote]

:eek: :eek:

Love it!! I'm well up for that, have a feeling wont get the same response from the big man though!!
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

batteries for their "Rabbits"

9. Bottle of Keo brandy!
  10. I agree with some of the other post's, small box/bag of posh chocs on their place mats...can't go wrong
  11. An invitation to join weight watchers
  12. how about a small item of jewellery
  13. acl

acl Old-Salt

I agree with the Small silver(ish) photo frame idea, however, maybe you could replace the random pic they come with, with something made specially for them. Example, there could be a poem on the inside for each wife, obviously with something about the forces and their contribution as the silent ranks.
    It is, after all, a big commitment to accept moving around and changing your whole life every 4 years, so I think something like this would show a little appreciation. It's cheap, simple and I suspect most of them would like it more than chocolates.
    If your budget could be stretched any further, then perhaps a little engraved frame with such poem would be even nicer. A woman's touch to the gift and a little more classy.
    This is my humble idea though, the wives might be not as corny as I am lol

PS: PM me if you want to go further with this idea. Happy to help x
  14. I once received a small glass case with the RA crossed guns engraved on top. Personally, I think a poem would make most women let alone wives reach for a bucket!