Gib's back in the news.

It's a easy way for a govt to divert attention from their woes by using popular statements to try to placate the rabble.

They make it very hard for the gibos, I know he area quite well as I grew up there, they make it a nightmare on the Spanish side of the border which creates huge ques in la Linea and then blame the English, that place is always going to be a huge dispute, they are verging on being as bad as the argies!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Hang on, I have the solution.

Mount one of these on the rock. Sink any interlopers. Simples!

A harpoon on a truck, now I've seen everything!

Haven't the Spanish got an acute banking and debt crisis, severe austerity and as a result crippling strikes?

Maybe just maybe the two are related?

B

Biscuits_AB

A bit david-and-goliath as regards relative size and armaments. Well done HMS Scimitar!
Yep, those Spaniards must have felt totally outgunned by seven revved up drunken matelots in sports kit, who'd just been told that the dago's were banning their 'run ashore' that weekend. ;-)

Ah well, the Dagos rarely stand up to a proper fight. Cry havoc and let slip the the Drunken Matelots of War :p

Bloody typical, the Dagos can't govern what they've got, so now they want the only bit of the Iberian peninsular that works so they can screw that up too!

Hang on, I have the solution.

Mount one of these on the rock. Sink any interlopers. Simples!

What like the Exocet that has been deployed on the rock since 1985?

Mentions Gib as an island........has it broken away from the European mainland since I was there. It's a fuckin penninsula, so much for journalism research......twats!

A bit david-and-goliath as regards relative size and armaments. Well done HMS Scimitar!
I think it was more a case of "big brother round the corner", if they had fired at the HMS Scimitar, they win a small victory, but the rest of the Royal Navy will come round and give them a good shoeing and quite rightly due to International law, Spain would be viewed as an aggressor, they would lose the EU membership, no bail out, UN censure, International pariah, cue financial and social break down add to the mix separatism, during the chaos Catalonia will break away, Andalusia may do the same along with Basque and Galicia leaving land locked Castile on its own.

From one single incident the ripples of the fall outs gets bigger from it, if I can see that, I am sure the nervous Spanish politicians can see that given the current situation in Spain right now........

semper:4733305 said:
I think it was more a case of "big brother round the corner", if they had fired at the HMS Scimitar, they win a small victory, but the rest of the Royal Navy will come round and give them a good shoeing and quite rightly due to International law, Spain would be viewed as an aggressor, they would lose the EU membership, no bail out, UN censure, International pariah, cue financial and social break down add to the mix separatism, during the chaos Catalonia will break away, Andalusia may do the same along with Basque and Galicia leaving land locked Castile on its own.

From one single incident the ripples of the fall outs gets bigger from it, if I can see that, I am sure the nervous Spanish politicians can see that given the current situation in Spain right now........
How long would it take to get a fleet of swan peddalos from England to gib?