Gibraltar & Brexit ?

Whats to stop Gibralter becoming a part of the UK instead of an overseas territory?

Nuke Madrid. Seemples.

Turdmonkey seems to think the UK would seek to cross Spain or fly around it to get to Gib. Forgets the entire trip is a target rich environment and a sub launched cruise missile or three would really cock up their siesta.
Was thinking that, why throw away precious aircraft and capital ships when we could turn the Northern part of Spain into a smoking ruin without getting off the couch?

Nuke Madrid. Seemples.

Turdmonkey seems to think the UK would seek to cross Spain or fly around it to get to Gib. Forgets the entire trip is a target rich environment and a sub launched cruise missile or three would really cock up their siesta.
On the other hand the RN recently tried to launch a missile at Florida so Pedro may not be all that worried.

Nuke Madrid. Seemples.

Looking at post#710, they've already had a cock up:)

I've long said that this is the answer with the Crown Dependencies and Falkland Islands too. Make them self governing//autonomous regions of the UK. Works for France.
They might teach Sturgeon how to run such an organisation!

That's got more holes than a Brazilian electrician.
True, but one scenario he mentions is a surprise air assault onto the top of the rock. As far as I'm aware we don't have much in the way of air defence to prevent that, although I imagine anyone doing that would be cut off and isolated pretty quickly.......

The instructive thing is to read what the EU has said. "We will support Spain's stance in all regards to Gibraltar now".

The EU won't do the right thing as stipulated by the UN and all Western governments - adhere to self-determination.

Any remainers should read into that the reason high brow Outers voted so. That and the 23 years the EU commisson accounts have been unadudited which would result in prison sentences for any company.
The EU does not do democracy. Which in no small part why Britain voted out.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
True, but one scenario he mentions is a surprise air assault onto the top of the rock. As far as I'm aware we don't have much in the way of air defence to prevent that, although I imagine anyone doing that would be cut off and isolated pretty quickly.......
Yeah, but fast roping onto that would get you in the midst of those vicious, inbred, diseased, revolting furry bastards that run about the Rock.

And never mind the Gibbos, those Barbary Apes are little shits too.

He also suggested troops and replen by parachute, there might not very many DZ's available after a day or so.
Or even immediately.

I'm sure @Alec_Lomas could let us know if the tunnel DZ's are still approved for use.

Would getting the Basques on side do the trick? If so, just grab the northern bit up to the Portuguese border, including Galicia. Greasy little heads in Madrid will be going pop all over the shop.

Basques might even want to hang onto their little bit once the swop is agreed to get Gib back (and a bit more territory).