Gibraltar Barracks, CAMBERLEY

98....**** me I was there in 79, I think it had only been opened 2 months previously!!
I as there '79 also. Last to pass out of Cove then into Gib for B3. Luxury! Great accommodation, we didn't have swing arms shoulder high, and got away with some fairly shit kit as we were "working". A lot less screamy and shouty all round. Unless you were on the square, of course.

You may remember names like Dougie Bl**k, Brian Gor**n, Tiny La*b and a JDI called Pie**e. Two of them turned up at 5 Sqn soon after me and I shat myself.

Funny thing, to be suddendly confronted with those badnews guys from the past.
Although, TBH, I think they were the ones, more often than not, who would be shitting themselves. Especially the lnacejacks who weren't up to much anyway but could shout, rant, rave and make other people's lives absolute misery- and enjoy doing just that.
Those were the real cnuts and may they burn in hell forever.

XRE's list does not apply to those fine fugures of gentlemen of the Corps he has listed!

XRE: only 1 I don't know, is the drill pig.

Funny thing, to be suddendly confronted with those badnews guys from the past.
Although, TBH, I think they were the ones, more often than not, who would be shitting themselves. Especially the lnacejacks who weren't up to much anyway but could shout, rant, rave and make other people's lives absolute misery- and enjoy doing just that.
Those were the real cnuts and may they burn in hell forever.

XRE's list does not apply to those fine fugures of gentlemen of the Corps he has listed!

XRE: only 1 I don't know, is the drill pig.
I reckon you'd know him by sight or sound ;) Can't remember which troop he went to, decent enough bloke outside training.

@Sapper D. - just done some research - Kenny P**rcy? 3 Tp? The memory is obviously fading :(

Last edited:
Had to go back too Gib and stay in the block whilst doing a HGV2 course, block corporal decided he needed trained sappers for DROs over the weekend and picked our room as victims. We spent all weekend on the piss instead. Woken up rudely on Monday morning too this 6 ft screaming ginger corporal got us all in PT kit and gave us a beasting run at 5 am. Funny thing was we outran him after a couple of miles he was hanging out his arse lol good days. Now if he only beasted us in the quadrangle instead of taking us for a run maybe it would have worked.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Last edited:
@Sapper D. - just done some research - Kenny P**rcy? 3 Tp? The memory is obviously fading :(

Nope, no bells - it's the age milad!

Didn't know too many blokes in 3 Tp. They were the chocolate bar boys, non? The biathlon chappies, very fit and very boring.

Just a quick question for anyone at gib now about what we can take civi wise, can we bring thinks like computers etc, imask simply because people say phase 2 is a lot more relaxed towards things like that as long a as your not monging it.

L

lumpy2

^Sorry can't answer your above question, we didn't have things like that in my day ....:roll:

I was there December 93, anyone remember Staff McC***land, and Cpls W***ington and M**sh?

Just a quick question for anyone at gib now about what we can take civi wise, can we bring thinks like computers etc, imask simply because people say phase 2 is a lot more relaxed towards things like that as long a as your not monging it.
Must be nice to have the time. On the doors of the bogs in my lines we had combat engineer info up so you could revise whilst having a cr@p. There was also a sign from the training NCOs which read something along the lines of:
Whilst you sh1t and stink, think...
Have you:
Ironed your kit
Prepared your locker
Polished your best boots
Got your kit ready for tomorrow
Updated your best book
Cleaned your bed space
Cleaned your room
Completed your share of the block jobs
IF NOT wipe your arse and get cracking!

A update from Gib, the Manor is being sold there is a new Sgts mess and officers mess that is within the main camp ,havent seen the cookhouse monster for some months so think it may have left ,Still the same old camp we love and hate

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
twothreeuptwothreedown The NAAFI Bar 22
Gren Sappers 0
Gren Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 4