GIB BKS

In Gib who was better?

  • 57 Sqn

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 55 Sqn

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#3
think i was in 57 but it was nearly 20 year ago now & the memory is starting to fade. :lol: :lol:

which one had the "mud muppets & drivers" in, apart from the obvious answer of the thicker one :oops: :oops:

laters
 
#4
amazing__lobster said:
S'got to be 55, Mons Alpha!
"MONS ALPHA"?!?!????
You're obviously a sprogglett then mate? LOL
Whatever happened to good old Tp names? 5 Tp etc...
 
#6
As far as I remember Mons Alpha was 57, well in 97 it was. I was with Mons Bravo in 97. Horrible place to be, never enjoyed a moment. Guys came back from MCTC saying MCTC was easier than what we had!! 55 was supposed to be the easier sqn in Gib, not that B3 was easy in any way.
 
#8
3 tp 57 a long time ago with a cpl big nose as the trg fullscrew everyone hated and still do no doubt he'll be my next qm with the luck i carry
 
#9
one of my trg full screws is now a major, still if it makes him happy i suppose CNUT :roll: :roll:
 
#10
I was 3 troop 57 in 1987.

We had a concrete buddah called sumo as troop mascot, weighed a b@starding ton, and whoever was d1ck of the day had to carry him, and run around the squad wherever we went.

spent more time in the quadrangle with my legs "6 inches raised" than i care to remember, and paraded opposite a B1 course every morning who were only too happy to point out anything our DS had missed (which wasnt much)... the odd bit of "physical persuasion" wasnt unheard of but everyone passed that course feeling like theyd earnt it and not just attended it

Gib barracks was f ucking hard graft, especially as ex JL's or AT's as we'd apparently had an "easy ride" (luckily my troop sergeant at Dover was a complete and utter cnut for the whole year so it wasnt as much as a shocker for us)... did i just say luckily??

time is a great healer
 
#11
shortfuse wrote

We had a concrete buddah called sumo as troop mascot, weighed a b@starding ton
we also had that bad boy & "billy the buffer" off the back of a mgb trailer, one poor cnut had both at the same time & still was expected to double down to the hard with the rest of us.

"summo" had a beret & cap badge painted onto it when i was there.
 
#12
I'll never forget "Piano GO!!" what a pissy phrase that stupid patch of piano shapped grass in between two of the blocks!!

at one point one of the other troops were running round it and we sniggered (stupid I know) so we had to be the slowest man round or we were going again, turned into a troop pride thing.!!






yeah we went again!
 
#13
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
shortfuse wrote

We had a concrete buddah called sumo as troop mascot, weighed a b@starding ton
we also had that bad boy & "billy the buffer" off the back of a mgb trailer, one poor cnut had both at the same time & still was expected to double down to the hard with the rest of us.

"summo" had a beret & cap badge painted onto it when i was there.
Knocker ... the more we speak the more i'm sure we've crossed paths at some point old bean ...

he had the beret when i was there, troop DS were a bloke whos nickname was "hippo" Andy H*nt, and Billy McGo***le was in the end of our lines and would let you use his washing machine for a quid a load... w@nker.

we also got told they could get us cheap denims, loads of lads signed up for them, and when they showed up they all had P company numbers painted on the legs :D
 
#14
If i can remember i was in 1Tp 57 Sqn, had a quality time, seal crawls in the Quad, legs raise 6' legs apart legs close, no such thing as carpet in the block just Billy Bumper to make the floors shine followed by pulling somebody down the corridor on one of the blankets to give it that extra shine.

J**n R***, Gi**e Gab***s, if i rack my brains i will be able to remember some more, i have bumped into them all at some point since leaving training.

Really felt as if i had earned my place in the Corps at the end of B3 training not just handed it.

Sparky
 
#15
shortfuse wrote

troop DS were a bloke whos nickname was "hippo" Andy H*nt, and Billy McGo***le
had two of them as well as "dicky b~~~~n ,g~~~ge co~~~ck & eddie "the blackman" seal as the admin lance jack before he toasted himself :(

ring any more bells fella :?: :?:
 
#16
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
shortfuse wrote

troop DS were a bloke whos nickname was "hippo" Andy H*nt, and Billy McGo***le
had two of them as well as "dicky b~~~~n ,g~~~ge co~~~ck & eddie "the blackman" seal as the admin lance jack before he toasted himself :(

ring any more bells fella :?: :?:
George was my section commander, and "cool hand" Eddy used to wipe 2 of his fingers on your shelf/table etc, hold them under your nose and say "whats dis?"

When you answered in the usual fashion "sh1t corporal" he'd smile and say "no ... its a twix" :D

PM me fella, i think we were there at the same time.
 
#17
shortfuse

check your pm's

laters
 
#18
Going back to Gib Barracks is still creepy no matter what rank you are, you always half expect to be gripped for something. Did have a great time on my B1 though. One morning we were on parade and a B3 troop were opposite and getting inspected. They were in rag order. My section commander from B3 (a mad Irishman called S***y W****n) was inspecting them. He then spots me and another guy who I was in B3 with. He asks us if we think they are getting it as hard as what we did, we both replied no, they're getting it far too easy! He then told his troop that for one night only they were going to experiance training as it was a few years ago. I had fun watching them doing endless pianos, running up and down to the dog section and doing a stupid amount of press ups in the quad. A bit cruel I know but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger....
 
#19
plant_life said:
Going back to Gib Barracks is still creepy no matter what rank you are, you always half expect to be gripped for something. Did have a great time on my B1 though. One morning we were on parade and a B3 troop were opposite and getting inspected. They were in rag order. My section commander from B3 (a mad Irishman called S***y W****n) was inspecting them. He then spots me and another guy who I was in B3 with. He asks us if we think they are getting it as hard as what we did, we both replied no, they're getting it far too easy! He then told his troop that for one night only they were going to experiance training as it was a few years ago. I had fun watching them doing endless pianos, running up and down to the dog section and doing a stupid amount of press ups in the quad. A bit cruel I know but what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger....
got what they feckin needed i think fella, bit more of that & maybe we would not get the sh1te in the corps that we have nowadays :evil: :evil:
 
#20
Plant-life had the same feeling was in 5tp 55 in 85. Went back on B1 drivers in 87 & was just waiting for the sh1t to start but had a top time never been so p1ssed in my life. Then went back in 90's while in the TA, place was a dump had a temp cook house in Porta Kabins food was as bad as ever.

Pub_crawl
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
catchyerselfon Sappers 4
S Sappers 1
ABF9 Sappers 15

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top