Gib Barracks

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by lemonkettaz, Jan 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm off to do my phase2 at gib in 8days, can anyone tell me what the actual living arrangements are like? the rooms etc?

I know its 4man room but are we in sections of 8 or something also?

And i heard that we have somewhere in the blocks to watch TV? is this true... on our phase2 visit we never got to see the rooms.

2. She still Alive? I always wanted to grow a tash like that.
  3. Funny that, there was when I went through 1 Regt in 1983....never got to watch the fecker though!
  4. Hope you are a music fan, you will certainly grow to love the Piano.....
    • Like Like x 1
  5. squeekingsapper

squeekingsapper LE Reviewer

If that is the blonde I am thinking of, I met her husband a few years ago. Conversation started along the lines of the mutton dressed as lamb at Gib, and the reply of "oh my missues works in the cookhouse there".

If it is the same woman, she now works in a call centre "somewhere".
  6. To busy playing your Atari? ; )
  7. glad all this information is relevant.
  8. Chin up wet pants, keep moaning like that and gib will be a breeze...
  9. The soup dragon reportedly passed away some time ago...

I think most of us who went through Gib in the 80's/early 90's probably still have nightmares about 'her/it'!

Piano? sounds like that shapely piece of grass known simply as 'the runaround'?

Gib, the Nostalgia!
  10. Well you came on here asking a daft question. Your main concern seems to be whether or not you are going to miss a TV programme or something. You'll find out in a week anyway.

If you get worried by not having all the information you could possibly need before you start a new location/task then you are going to have an interesting time when you face day-to-day life in the Army.
  11. oh my ducky.

My main concern is not going to be tv, it was just a query. Will I get chance to have a coffee in the morning, otherwise i might sack off the pt
  12. Wall!
  13. Flashbacks!!!! Arrgghhh!
  14. "get in the quadrangle you ******* shower of shite, on my command bumpers above the head, go"