• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Giant UFOs over channel islands:

Have Channel Radar reported a contact?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23401615-details/'Mile-wide+UFO'+spotted+by+British+airline+pilot/article.do

Includes photo?

Maybe this is why Blair has resigned , they've come to take him home.

LOL! Naw... just a firm believer that if there is intelligent life out there, they would have our planet on their "Off limits" list. ;)

At last!
The gods are returning! I knew this day would come, only trouble is SLR boy will probably start posting again now they have brought him back.

Well, there was no man-made junk predicted to re-enter over this part of the world, so I'd go for what Khyros says - a natural bolide, or a bright noctilucent or lenticular cloud.....
Edit - does anyone know the exact date this happened on?

army-hopeful said:
Complete wibble head that has sunk into the depths.
Everything was a conspiracy, obsessed with 9/11 and anything else that could be looked at with a certain degree of caution.
Basically, a throbber.

cometcatcher said:
Well, there was no man-made junk predicted to re-enter over this part of the world, so I'd go for what Khyros says - a natural bolide, or a bright noctilucent or lenticular cloud.....
[Spotter mode] I'm fairly sure that Lenticular clouds are pretty much exclusive to mountain waves, and therefore tend to be associated with mountain ranges. I don't recall seeing many mountain ranges near the channel islands... [/Spotter mode]

Edit - A safety brief in the July issue of Pilot states:
The Trislander crew observed a stationary bright light ahead near Alderney, thought to be a ground reflection. However, the crew viewed the light through binoculars and observed a shape, similar to a B737. The crew contacted ATC, who originally stated that there wasn't anything showing on radar. However, they then observed a primary contact. The crew and some passengers observed the bright lights again later in the flight. The shape was said to be bright yellow with a dark area near to one end.

wg100 said:
cometcatcher said:
[Spotter mode]I'm fairly sure that Lenticular clouds are pretty much exclusive to mountain waves, and therefore tend to be associated with mountain ranges. I don't recall seeing many mountain ranges near the channel islands...[/Spotter mode]

Edit - A safety brief in the July issue of Pilot states:
The Trislander crew observed a stationary bright light ahead near Alderney, thought to be a ground reflection. However, the crew viewed the light through binoculars and observed a shape, similar to a B737. The crew contacted ATC, who originally stated that there wasn't anything showing on radar. However, they then observed a primary contact. The crew and some passengers observed the bright lights again later in the flight. The shape was said to be bright yellow with a dark area near to one end.
Lenticulars can be generated by other clouds or by weather fronts, which may or not be visible themselves because they may be miles away. On a good day, you can see lenticulars on the satellite photographs of the North Sea, for example, even though the mountains generating the conditions are hundreds of miles away.

Litotes

LMFAO at this. Guernsey tourist board must be loving all of this. surprised there's any planes in the sky with whats charged to fly from gatwick and back.

darbs said:
LMFAO at this. Guernsey tourist board must be loving all of this. surprised there's any planes in the sky with whats charged to fly from gatwick and back.
I blame Randall's Darbs - and then people like you! Not for the cost of the flights either. Have the French been doing their thing again?! Either that, or a black arts campaign to take the heat of Fallagate! :D

A la perchoine.

Good for the Channel Islands they need all the tourists they can get, some extra DNA wouldn't go amiss either. In fact we could do with some more aliens to the supplement those nice Polish folks we have down here in Wessex.

ABrighter2006 said:
darbs said:
I blame Randall's Darbs - and then people like you! Not for the cost of the flights either. Have the French been doing their thing again?! Either that, or a black arts campaign to take the heat of Fallagate! :D

A la perchoine.
me? why me! :?

Latest Threads