Giant Badger loose on streets of Basra..................

C

cloudbuster

Nice to see Dave Gell doing well. I suspect that he's behind it all, being an ex-WFR.

Imagine being the Press Officer on this!

*Ring Ring*

Maj X : Hello?

Polad : I need you to get our story out and start spinning.

X: About what?

P: The giant badgers we definitely did not release into the city

*click brrrrrrrrrr*

"We have not released giant badgers in Basra," he said, "and nor have we been collecting eggs and releasing serpents into the Shatt al-Arab river."
Guilty conscious? :D

C

cloudbuster

"We have not released giant badgers in Basra," he said, "and nor have we been collecting eggs and releasing serpents into the Shatt al-Arab river."
No, not guilty conscience, but I bet he's thinking "I wish I'd thought of that"

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is not that unusual. I recall a giant beaver that used to terrorise certain clubs in Aldershot!

In this day and age, those villagers can believe in guff like monkey headed beasts that kill children, released by british forces!

Still laughed like a good en tho.

Christ, that's all we need, the blokes getting ideas!

Just wait, next roulement at movement control:

Mover: What's in your bag, lad?
Squaddie: Er... Nothing!
M: But it's growling.
S: Yeah, well. Didn't get to the laundry, did I?

Funny that the bloke who believed this shite was from Qarmat Ali. I'm amazed he had time to worry about badgers in between firing rockets at the COB.

DesktopCommando said:
Why dont we release the terror that has always been attacking us onto the Iraqi's
'terror' or 'terrier'? I can imagine a scene in Little Britain - the teacloth terrs stand laughing and pointing as Yorkie prances down the main street, all totally oblivious to Paddy the pit bull sneaking up behind them.

This brute looks like a honey badger. I've come across these in Namibia. They have a fearsome reputation - bourne out by some BBC footage shot of a sound recordist getting treed (well, trapped on the roof of our buckie) by one that had just been released from a leopard trap.

They will apparently take on all comers and have been known to see lion off. Wouldn't know if the thing's staple diet includes desert folk though.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
bigeye said:
This brute looks like a honey badger. I've come across these in Namibia. They have a fearsome reputation - bourne out by some BBC footage shot of a sound recordist getting treed (well, trapped on the roof of our buckie) by one that had just been released from a leopard trap.

They will apparently take on all comers and have been known to see lion off. Wouldn't know if the thing's staple diet includes desert folk though.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. You never know, if they are all scared of badgers, perhaps our lads need to see if they can find some fancy dress shops in Basrah . . . or kilts!