Gi me Respeck or Ill knife yo, mo fo!!!

muhandis89 said:
This latest spate of 'knife crime' seems to be mostly a' black on black' or 'mixed heritage on mixed heritage' thing.All this 'respect stuff' is absolute B@ll@cks!!
I'd change that to:"This latest spate of 'knife crime' seems to be mostly 'Criminal scum on criminal scum' " ..........suites me sir

Simple solution carry a knife and get caught 6 years locked up no matter what age the carrier is, use a knife 15 years minimum, we might have to build new jails and have a legal system with bollocks to actually defend the rights of the vicitms. Remove all rights for prisoners, they have done wrong so why should they have rights? Life should mean life and im all for voting for the first political party that advocates bringing back the death penalty, with the advances in science and forensic's if your DNA is found at a crime scene then really the case is closed!!
Im not a fanatic or political, just a bloke who has seen the disintergration of the British way of life over the last 10-15 years and i cant see a way of it getting any better with the current crop of soulless, back slapping do-goders in all the political parties, esp labour who are run by Bliar and his ugly Lawyer wife.

Interesting series on R4 Today program at about 0730.

Coloured music chat talking to residents and kids in his old neighbourhood about the issues.

He surmised that is was due to the erosion of respect for parents and society, and the lask of discipline caused by government policy, and the lack of replacements offered.

Continues later this week.

WE cannot change any of OUR laws anymore before ASKING the EU and visiting the human rights act.

This is where it is all breaking down.

Brads_REME said:
WE cannot change any of OUR laws anymore before ASKING the EU and visiting the human rights act.

This is where it is all breaking down.
You've put your finger on a key point there. We long ago ceased to be masters of our own house as regards our laws and how they are enforced, thanks to the EU cats' cradle in which we volunteered to get hung up - and, oddly enough, much of that was thanks to Maggie Thatcher.

It was also under Thatcher - whom we look back upon, ironically, as a tough cookie and hot on law & order - that a lot of the yardie etc. culture began to get out of hand in the first place. Had matters been tackled then, long before these foul little weapon-carrying spawn of the devil were born, it might have been nipped in the bud. Now, I suspect, it's simply too late.

I am rather glad not to be an inner-city dweller or a policeman

I agree with ancient mariner. its all gonna go very wrong. I'm a serving copper in the smoke and see it all everyday. its awful and sickening what these young "people" do to each other everyday. They are recruited at age 8-10 and rise up the "ranks" if they make it alive to an "elder", they have colours, turf, rituals etc. its just plain crazy and in my view its gonna get worse.

caubeen said:
The effect of pursuing a multiculturalist agenda has been to damage all cultures in the UK[/color].[/b]
Multiculturalism is an obvious target, and might be better expressed as misaligned values. Where one social group are confused as to how the adapt or fit into wider society.

There are sections of society who wholeheartedly believe a) their society doesn't value them and b) they have zero chance of achieving their dreams. (Now, even professionals can't afford housing.)

Now, government, certainly post 80s, have given themselves increasingly to monetarist economic policies that are almost guaranteed to disenfranchise the underclasses further. As in the US, and now in the UK, the poor are poorer, the middle class fractionally improved (barring house inflation) and the top percentage have huge wealth.

We have allowed a madness to fester in the heart of Middle Earth. Is it too late to save the Shire?

F

fozzy

caubeen said:

I am rather glad not to be an inner-city dweller or a policeman
Its spreading though. I live in a small village near a string of traditional Market Towns in East Anglia. The behaviour of quite young kids is starting to get out of control. Gangs of kids (some around 10) are allowed to wonder about until quite late (gone midnight in some cases). There have been outbreaks of petty crime and vandalism, plus the use of the street as a rubbish tip. When I've confronted them over their behaviour, the language would make a Sgt Major blush. Its no where near what is happening in the big cities, but you can't help feeling that given time it will just get worse.

Yes, there has always been an element of this out here in the cuds, but it was never as endemic as it seems to be now. Its obvious that the parents don't care.

BTW we lost our police house and resident bobby over 10 years ago. The nearest manned police station is 30 minutes away - we're luckier than alot of other places.

BoomShackerLacker said:
caubeen said:
The effect of pursuing a multiculturalist agenda has been to damage all cultures in the UK[/color].[/b]
Multiculturalism is an obvious target, and might be better expressed as misaligned values. Where one social group are confused as to how the adapt or fit into wider society.

There are sections of society who wholeheartedly believe a) their society doesn't value them and b) they have zero chance of achieving their dreams. (Now, even professionals can't afford housing.)

Now, government, certainly post 80s, have given themselves increasingly to monetarist economic policies that are almost guaranteed to disenfranchise the underclasses further. As in the US, and now in the UK, the poor are poorer, the middle class fractionally improved (barring house inflation) and the top percentage have huge wealth.
I agree about housing and wealth, but those alone are not at the root of this canker. (It rather smacks of the socioligists' babble about deprivation and faulty potty-training being at the root of all social evils.) I think we can pinpoint the root of this matter much more specifically.

This specific problem is intimately bound up with and rooted in one particular culture - the yardie rap-weapons-and-drugs ethos which we wrongheadedly allowed into Britain, from Jamaica in particular and the Carribean in general. Just listen to the "lyrics" of a typical rap "song" - a genre calculated to promote aggression and violence. It is inherently very, very, very pernicious, and should have been nipped in the bud long ago - but it wasn't, for blatantly obvious reasons of racial "tolerance" and PC-ness.

Having allowed a poison to seep into the veins of one sector of our populace, we are now reaping the reward. And I suspect we may be too late in trying to stop it now, for I see no easy answer whatever

caubeen said:
It rather smacks of the socioligists' babble about deprivation...
Deprivation is alright then... what about depravation?

Britain was largely a mono-culture up to the Fifties with very strong shared identities. Introduce significant difference via immigration and not manage the process then significant friction will arise. Especially if the new group realise they are unlikely to be accepted on merit and will be alienated for the majority of their lives.

Freedom of movement in a liberal society was always going to happen but how the dominant group helped newcomers to assimilate is the issue.

I think we need to change the structure of the police into those that are a service and those that are a force.

There are areas of South London where I live that would benefit from the sort of patrolling adopted on Op tours, zero tolerance and massive use of force if necessary.

When I lived in France this was very much the case. The National Police were similar to the Met and they dealt with your every day stuff. However if their softer approach did not yield results then the National Police were withdrawn and replaced by the CRS whose raison d'etre was force and had the potential and govt backed authority to use lethal force if necessary. The CRS made it very clear that they were not to be challenged and their ROE were very similar to the yellow card of yore.

I think the CRS provided a boundry that our police do not have the luxury of. Often just the appearance of these police monsters was enough to cool the situation.

If we can declare war on other nations then we should be prepared to do so on elements of our own society. Either we sentance knife carriers to life destroying sentances - to act as a deterrant or we develop a system of sectioning off an estate or block that is troublesome and enable a paramilitary style of policing to be persued until the area has been dealt with.

A mate told me that this would create no go areas etc - sorry pal but they already exist and your everyday policing and everyday laws are not going to tackle it.

I think we need to change the structure of the police into those that are a service and those that are a force.

There are areas of South London where I live that would benefit from the sort of patrolling adopted on Op tours, zero tolerance and massive use of force if necessary.

When I lived in France this was very much the case. The National Police were similar to the Met and they dealt with your every day stuff. However if their softer approach did not yield results then the National Police were withdrawn and replaced by the CRS whose raison d'etre was force and had the potential and govt backed authority to use lethal force if necessary. The CRS made it very clear that they were not to be challenged and their ROE were very similar to the yellow card of yore.

I think the CRS provided a boundry that our police do not have the luxury of. Often just the appearance of these police monsters was enough to cool the situation.

If we can declare war on other nations then we should be prepared to do so on elements of our own society. Either we sentance knife carriers to life destroying sentances - to act as a deterrant or we develop a system of sectioning off an estate or block that is troublesome and enable a paramilitary style of policing to be persued until the area has been dealt with.

A mate told me that this would create no go areas etc - sorry pal but they already exist and your everyday policing and everyday laws are not going to tackle it.

The French CRS are very effective and rightly feared, and they have remarkable powers. It might be no bad thing if we had something similar in the UK - especially in the areas of inner cities that are currently almost no-go for the police.

But - we need the political will to do it, and I don't see that in existence either in the govt. or the opposition.

In anyt case, a "shock troops" police force would only deal with the visible manifestations of this nasty culture, and would do nothing to cure/eliminate it at source. This latter challenge is the important one - but how the hell do we do it
?

Pillager said:
Platapus I think alot of the problems are not caused by first generation immigrants who genuinely appreciate British tolerance and society and keep their heads down and oses clean.

The problem occurs in second and third generation where attitudes in certain areas can still be openly hostile to outsiders, Being born British and having a british passport but still getting called "paki" or similar creates alienation and retaliation.

How do you deal with dissaffected youth lacking social identity? Multiculturalism. for all its credit (I cant think of them) ensures that there isnt a homogenous social identity shared by all, creating an affrocarribean centre, a pakistani centre, a gudjerati community welfare board, a shintoist temple and an irish centre all within a few miles of each other doesnt do anything to create a group identity it creates cliques! its a load of balls.

Something will kick off and when it does I hope someone is in government that has the balls to make tough decisions and sort it out however unpopular those decisions might be.
You seem to have missed the The Scottish Centre, The Polish Centre (going since the '40s), The Catholic Centre, The Methodist Centre, The Anglican Centre, The Jewish Community Centre - Multiculturism with its roots (in the main) all the way back to the 19th Century. Then we have those b@astards living in their ghettoes in the inner cities - the Huguenots, the Jews, The Germans, The Italians, The Greeks. This is just what has come up off hand.

There has always been scrotes kicking off and topping anyone who gets in their way, from the tossers in the old East End who looked up to murdering sh1ts like the Krays to the Teddy Boys, Mods, Rockers, Black Shirts Marxists etc etc etc.

Multiculturism is fine where racism doesn't rear its ugly head and spoil things.

cpunk

LE
caubeen said:
This specific problem is intimately bound up with and rooted in one particular culture - the yardie rap-weapons-and-drugs ethos which we wrongheadedly allowed into Britain, from Jamaica in particular and the Carribean in general. Just listen to the "lyrics" of a typical rap "song" - a genre calculated to promote aggression and violence. It is inherently very, very, very pernicious, and should have been nipped in the bud long ago - but it wasn't, for blatantly obvious reasons of racial "tolerance" and PC-ness. .
Point 1. I always thought that 'rap' music originated in the Afro-American ghettoes of New York and Los Angeles. British 'West Indian' kids might be copying rap/hip-hop culture, but it doesn't come from the Yardies, they get it from films and TV, just like the rest of us. The Yardies are drug gangs.

Point 2. How can you ensure a musical genre is 'nipped in the bud'? Didn't you ever see any of those 70s/80s teen dance movies like 'Dirt Dancing'? The crusty old mayor is always outsmarted by the kids who just want to be free...

caubeen said:
The French CRS are very effective and rightly feared, and they have remarkable powers. It might be no bad thing if we had something similar in the UK - especially in the areas of inner cities that are currently almost no-go for the police.
Cobblers! If you think London is bad, try Paris. There are real no-go areas in the banlieu where neither the police nor the CRS will venture except mob-handed and heavily armed.

Random_Task said:
BoomShackerLacker said:
caubeen said:

Simple solution - shoot poor people.

Controversial I know, but give it a chance.
It has a certain rugged appeal.

But the awful thing it that I honestly can't see what is to be done that will have any effect now. We let a genie out of the bottle, and it's simply run amok

Random_Task said:
cpunk said:
Cobblers! If you think London is bad, try Paris. There are real no-go areas in the banlieu where neither the police nor the CRS will venture except mob-handed and heavily armed.
Quite- remember the Paris riots? I seem to remember they were deemed to have calmed down when it was only,say for example, a hundred cars that were getting torched every night.
In giving a nod to the powers of the CRS, I was certainly not holding up Paris as any kind of model. What happened in those ghettos was grim - and shows that France has nurtured her own problems, just as we've allowed ours to run rampant and virtually unchecked.

No easy solution - politically correct or otherwise - presents itself.

Sven wrote:Multiculturism is fine where racism doesn't rear its ugly head and spoil things..

Multiculturalism demonstrably doesn't work. Look about you . . . .

It was always a daft and highly dangerous experiment to pursue. Although the "richness in diversity" argument seemed plausible, it can now be seen that it's madness for any society to allow that kind of fragmentation. Let everyone in the UK, regardless of creed, colour, background or economic status, put their efforts and energies into being British. That way everyone gets integrated and absorbed, and society is all the richer for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vvaannmmaann Brexit 64
ugly Military History and Militaria 4
CaptainRidiculous Southern Africa 18