Ghurka officer

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Kingojosh93, Nov 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright gents, I'm currently serving in the TA as a Kingo (as I'm sure you can tell) an I'm considering joining regs as an officer and I will be visiting my local recruitment office in the morning.

A friend of mine mentioned that there's opportunities for potential officers to be badged to the Royal Ghurka Rifles. Just wondering if anybody here can enlighten me with some information regarding becoming a Ghurka officer, the training and selection process as I'm not quite clued up on officer selection and training. Many thanks in advance

2. You want to be a Regular Officer in the Gurkhas?

You can't even spell the ******* word!

Jeeeeez!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. It might be a good idea if you first learned how to spell the name of your intended regiment - The Royal Gurkha Rifles. It might help to indicate a little knowledge, interest and intelligence.

Edit: Bollocks. Beaten to it by another smart-arse.

4. My mistake, I'm Mildly dyslexic so spellings not always a fantastic point.

5. Your Gurkhali language course is going to be a little problematic, then.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

The use of Capitalisation on Mildly, does that mean it is more that mild but less than bad? You got dicksleksick rite tho.

7. Gurkhali is mainly phonetic so spelling should be a problem. Welsh however, requires the pronunciation of every letter - spelling an absolute must. There are 28 letters in the Welsh alphabet - two more than the dopey English alphabet! Welsh has no: j, k, q, v, x, z. I bet you are all lapping this up! However, Welsh has the following letters the dopey English and dopey Scottish for that matter, don't have: ch, dd, ff, ng, ll, ph, rh, th. Everybody loves a smart-arse, or so I'm told. :applaud:

8. You're too common to apply. Unless the letters from your club are addressed to the 'Rt Hon Kingojosh' and your dad bought your Cambridge college a new building, you're fúcked.

9. H3

H3 LE

It took me literally 10 seconds to find the info your looking for ..... It's ALL there on the MOD web site !

I seem to think you'll stay as a Kingo !!

10. Smart-Arse?

How dare you!

He he he!!!!!