Ghostly goings-on scare BAE shipyard workers

Bumps in the night and other strange happenings are scaring workers at a Cumbria shipyard.

The BAE shipyard in Barrow has long had a reputation for being haunted.

But since modernisation work began eight months ago reports of unexplained pipe banging, machinery working itself and mysterious shadows have escalated.

Bosses are taking staff concerns seriously and have called in the services of a local vicar who will perform an exorcism.

Worker Alan Worsley said the mysterious happenings took many forms.

"The last thing was actually a crane moving when the driver had the controls by him and nobody was touching them.

"Another lad was upstairs changing his overalls and a shadow or something went past him, but when he turned round there was nobody there."

He added that many workers were terrified.

"There are a couple of big guys, one of them a foreman, who won't go upstairs at night on their own."

Some say it's the spirit of a man who committed suicide at the plant many years ago or the return of an overtime-mad storeman who died of cancer.

BAE Systems said the well-being of employees was its prime concern and the site's industrial chaplain had been in to talk to the staff.

A local vicar will also come in to perform an exorcism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cumbria/4953552.stm

Lets hope the ghost hasnt tampered with those Astutes :p

Pretty creepy, I would not like to be around when things like that go on!

I could understand if people were around, or it was something like Aliens.. but ghosts well you cannot say much to them can you!

The sound of hard work often scares people.

Taz_786 said:

Now I know where David Jason's Ghost ship was built!. Call in that ghost hunter Derek Acora to rid the yard of the residual energy. :D

It's probably the ghost of unions past.

india-juliet said:
Taz_786 said:

Now I know where David Jason's Ghost ship was built!. Call in that ghost hunter Derek Acora to rid the yard of the residual energy. :D
My missus loves that cnut. I cringe everytime he's on - the missus saw the whale tail of his thong hanging out the back of his trousers and now hunts for it at every opportunity. Sick I know.

Bravo2nothing said:
india-juliet said:
Taz_786 said:
Lets hope the ghost hasnt tampered with those Astutes P

Now I know where David Jason's Ghost ship was built!. Call in that ghost hunter Derek Acora to rid the yard of the residual energy. D
My missus loves that cnut. I cringe everytime he's on - the missus saw the whale tail of his thong hanging out the back of his trousers and now hunts for it at every opportunity. Sick I know.
I didn't know David Jason wore a thong.

I suppose A Bit of Frost doesn't help.

mistersoft said:
The sound of hard work often scares people.
HAHA, yeah thinking about it even the sound of me tapping the keys of this keyboard is giving me the shi*ts!
-I'm outta here like 2000!

Some say it's the spirit of a man who committed suicide at the plant many years ago or the return of an overtime-mad storeman who died of cancer.

Sounds like a fun place to work.

mistersoft said:
Bravo2nothing said:
india-juliet said:
Taz_786 said:

Now I know where David Jason's Ghost ship was built!. Call in that ghost hunter Derek Acora to rid the yard of the residual energy. D

Sorry. Should have clarified....it was Derek Acora I was talking about. It's the white trousers that causes me the most alarm.

Bravo2nothing said:
mistersoft said:
Bravo2nothing said:
india-juliet said:
Taz_786 said:

Sorry. Should have clarified....it was Derek Acora I was talking about. It's the white trousers that causes me the most alarm.
Why not try the thong yourself?

Or just wipe your arrse and leave a couple of sheets in the crack

With them hanging out of your trousers, that should turn a few heads.

And stomachs.

And don't forget the white trousers.