Ghosties

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Lifesaver, Aug 25, 2003.

?
  1. Most Definitely there's life after death

31.7%
  2. Possibly, but I would have to experience something myself.

33.3%
  3. No, there can't possibly anything other than this

3.3%
  4. You're talking Bollox again Dearie

31.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone had any experiences of the supernatural – or unexplained?
    At risk of sounding a weirdo I shall tell you of something that happened to me a couple of weeks ago whilst doing some nursing cover at a nursing home in Gunnyland.

I was on the top floor giving out medication to an old dear in bed, her room was situated off the main landing down a small corridor.
    It felt weird when I went in, but nothing I could put my finger on, so I ignored it, just thought ‘’strange place’’.

A few hours later one of the old birds was up and dressed, she sleeps for 3 hours only, well, as it was her birthday and all seemed quiet I decided to wash her hair and put some rollers in so she would look nice.
    I took her into the bathroom on the lower floor and got on with the business.

I saw someone walk past out of the corner of my eye and thought it was another member of staff coming to find me, when I looked out there was no-one there, so I thought I had imagined it.
    A few minutes later a man in a red dressing gown walked past and went into one of the rooms.

When I went back to see the other staff I mentioned that one of the residents had been up and wandering, but had now gone back to bed………they asked who it was and which room he went into.
    I didn’t know who it was, was the first time I had been there, but I said he had gone into room 10.
    Room 10 was empty and the guy I saw was allegedly the ghost of a doctor that used to own the house years ago, they say he hanged himself and has been seen on many occasions wandering the corridors.
    I had described him exactly.

Spooky or wha?:?

2. There are a great many unexplained things in this world, and the supernatural is one of them.

My paternal grandfather seemed to stay close to my aunt in life and in death. Whenever she was in great distress, one could hear him in the kitchen late at night.

Once, when I was visiting her, I got up in the middle of the night and found his old coffee pot on the stove with it brewing. No one else was even around and I was alone in the house.

Weird.

LNV

3. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

My old camp in Germany was supposed to be haunted to death. Never saw anything myself, but there are shit loads of stories knocking around.

There's one incident that even made it into the gaurd room occurrance book (apparently)
    It says that on the time and date stated a platoon on troops dressed in WW2 uniforms marched down the main drag of camp and when they got level with the gaurd room they just vanised into thin air. NFTR (we hope).

The said occurance book is supposed be somewhere in RHQ. I haven't found it yet so I can't attest to it's validity and never will be able to since I'm now back in good ol' Blighty. Wot a sh*tter.

Then there's the usual stories of stange noises in the night and stranger people being seen then vanishing into thin air. There's even one incident in 16 BTY accomodation about a bowling ball in the attic...

4. LVN, your family wouldn't be HillBillies now would they?

5. Sonic, Nope, they are not.

Are yours?

LNV

6. Sorry 'Zeb'........just head off an' git me a bear, dangnabit!

7. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

Play nice now, kids... 8)

8. Sonic,

Perhaps you should speak to your doctor about increasing your medication. Sounds like you need it.

As we say here in the states: Take a prozac and get a life!

LNV

9. I've heard it all now. :roll: :lol:

10. Lifesaver,

Actually, there's an entire list of them to be heard. We Americans are kinda known for our slang...

LOL...

:eek:)

LNV

11. Och stay off the prozac and just pour yourself another coffee..
    .....there's plenty brewing on the stove :lol:

12. MA_

You being heckled by a SPAM doris mate?

13. Nope............just by a bloke pretending to be one.

14. Kinda known for talkin' sh*t as well.................and for your penchant for wearing ladies clothing and calling yourself 'Julia'.

15. And as we say here in ARRSELAND

Heinz Beanz are good for your heart
    the more you eat the more you fart
    the more you fart the better you feel
    so eat Heinz Beanz with every meal

tttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrraaaaaaa

You can't delete this one..........Zeb used Prozac, so he started advertising first