'Ghost Jet'

Before you read this I'd just like to say that I've only found this story on one news agency (AFP) and it's only being reported by american and australian news sites so it could probably be a load of arrse, however it could be intresting if it is proved to be true...

The Australian said:
'Ghost' jet used for terror suspects
From correspondents in Washington
December 29, 2004

A US jet registered to a ghost company whisks terror suspects to countries that use torture, according to the Washington Post.

The Gulfstream V turbojet had been seen at US military bases around the world, often loading hooded and shackled suspects and delivering them to countries known to use torture, a process the CIA calls "rendition", the newspaper said.

The jet, with the tail number N379P, had been seen in Afghanistan, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Uzbekistan.

The executives of the plane's corporate owner, Premier Executive Transport Services, were all listed with dates of birth in the 1940s, 50s and 60s, but with social security numbers issued since 1998, the Post said. It was unable to locate any further business or credit information on them or the company.

The CIA refused to comment, but such "proprietary" or front corporations were standard procedure for the agency, former operatives told the newspaper.

The "rendering" of suspects to countries that employ interrogation techniques banned in the US is worrying and could violate the UN Convention on Torture, said Morton Sklar, US executive director of the World Organisation for Human Rights.
Happy with that, maybe we'll get some good info out of the pieces of crap. Remember what these people have done.
Is this just another example of the American tradition of being so damn paranoid that the left hand (insert agency name here) won't tell right hand (insert another agency name here) what the fcuk its up to.

I hate to sound sceptical (but I'm going to), but did you see the series on BBC2 about conspiracy theories - I'm inclined to believe that the Yanks don't even know what's going on in their own govt!!

Blame the septics for everything!!
dates of birth in the 1940s, 50s and 60s, but with social security numbers issued since 1998,
Doesn't sound like the kind of "slip up" an agency setting such an op like this would make

I say it's BS. Besides, why go to all the trouble?
Who wrote the article...David Icke?
N379P is 'not assigned', according to the FAA (ain't google great?). Woo, false plates on a plane, a crime in itself...
PoisonDwarf said:
Who wrote the article...David Icke?
Probably... tinfoil hat on, etc....

Yet spookily enough, the company alleged to own the imaginary aircraft DOES exist, and despite this being in the States there has been no sign of indignant denials or legal actions for millions...

Personally I would be more concerned with observance of national and international laws, and not whether one country unsurprisingly has the physical ability to transport terrorist suspects and deportees.
Although I am more than aware that alot of this stuff is frequently passed around by cospiracy theorists. We are all aware that dodgy shit has been going on for years. Project "Aurora" and involvments with strange aircraft movements at Boscombe anyone? However On trawling the net it seems whichever agency responsible has sloppily covered their arses already!!!
Gulfstream N379P becomes N8068V: the price of carelessness with flight logs, or notoriety, or just business practice
- Gordon Housworth [ 11/14/2004 - 19:53 ] #

Don't look for tail number N379P if you are seeking a clandestine transporter of enemy combatants to undisclosed locations for Extraordinary Rendition, i.e., delivery of detainees to foreign locations for advanced interrogation. A straightforward open source analysis reveals that N379P is now N8068V, same serial number (581), same owner (Premiere Executive Transport Services Inc.), and one might surmise, the same purpose, (And when someone awakes to the public recognition of this datum, expect it to change again, or change ownership, or contract provider, and possibly the aircraft.)

As long as an airframe remains under US registration, the Federal Aviation Administration's Aircraft Registration Inquiry offers ten useful searches for N-number, Name, Engine, Document Index, Serial Number, Make/Model, Dealer, State & County, Territory & Country, and N-number Availability. For Canada it is Transport Canada's Civil Aircraft Register, for the UK it is the Civil Aviation Authority's G-INFO Database Search. Some nations are not so accurate in their record keeping.

By using the country/state search, I was able to determine that Premiere Executive Transport owned only two aircraft, the Gulfstream-V N8068V, C/N 581, and a Boeing 737, N313P, C/N 33010. Using N-number Availability, I was able to determine that N379P was not now Assigned/Reserved. Most assume that tail numbers are unique, like a license plate, which is true, but they can be changed as well. There are sites that track the changes in tail numbers. N8068V was N379P, and before that, N581GA.

This data base searches come atop the annual efforts of hobbyist plane spotters and some activists around the world who dutifully log and photograph arriving and departing aircraft, thereby creating a wonderful record of aircraft that change more than the tail numbers for repossession, change of ownership, and criminal efforts. Some sites such as PlanePictures.Net, PlaneSpotting Network, JetPhotos.Net, and Airliners.net are quite useful. The latter two were useful in determining that a missing American Airlines Boeing 727 modified as an air tanker that had departed from Luanda, Angola, without permission and disappeared was not going to be used as a terrorist weapon. It was later seen in Conakry, Guinea, resprayed and given a Guinean registration. (Aircraft often disappear in Africa.)
I seem to remember reading something about this before.

Think the story was that top level AQ terrorists (amongst others) were being covertly shipped to 3rd world countries with questionable human rights records in return for funding and aid from the US govt. The guys in Guantanamo were (are) there as a public front, to try and keep attention on them rather than the hell holes that the 'real' important ones have been dumped in.

We will no doubt find out about it in 50yrs time when it is all declassified 8O

agent smith
Hi Rapierman, we are supposed to be developing our own stealth AC similar to Aroura it's called HALO, High Altitude Low Obsevable. I think it was first mentioned in the press a few years ago in the Mirror because it was caught on film by a landscape photograher flying over Rivington Pike in Lancashire, it was rumoured to fly out of Wharton. Yanks - Area 51, 26 mile exclusion zone, Brits - stick it in the middle of a major town, nobody bats an eyelid, class.
I still say it's all BS
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 8