Ghost in the Machine

Wasn’t there some sort of kill switch so that you could turn it off at the end of a run?
Well, here’s the shit bit, afterwards, given time to think a bit more, I realised there is an on/off switch on the bottom of the battery, if I’d dared to reach down far enough I should have been able to reach it and kill the power to the motor. The clearest vision is hind sight!

Well, here’s the shit bit, afterwards, given time to think a bit more, I realised there is an on/off switch on the bottom of the battery, if I’d dared to reach down far enough I should have been able to reach it and kill the power to the motor. The clearest vision is hind sight!
It's a bit of a design flaw, though ... good on you for keeping control and escaping (relatively) unscathed.

I was curious about kill switches, so checked on eBay ... I think, given your experience, if I get an e-bike I'd also get and install one of these (if it didn't already come with one pre-fitted).

(Just the first entry that came up in the search results.)

(Edited to fix a spelling, aargh!)

Last edited:
It's a bit of a design flaw, though ... go on you for keeping control and escaping (relatively) unscathed.

I was curious about kill switches, so checked on eBay ... I think, given your experience, if I get an e-bike I'd also get and install one of these (if it didn't already come with one pre-fitted).

(Just the first entry that came up in the search results.)
What a bloody good idea! I’ve just ordered one! Well done mucker

Motorbikes all have a kill switch (ignition) on the handlebar. It wouldn't have been a great design leap to integrate the battery isolator into the handlebar control.

Sounds a bit crap to me.