Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost in the Machine

Wasn’t there some sort of kill switch so that you could turn it off at the end of a run?
Well, here’s the shit bit, afterwards, given time to think a bit more, I realised there is an on/off switch on the bottom of the battery, if I’d dared to reach down far enough I should have been able to reach it and kill the power to the motor. The clearest vision is hind sight!

Well, here’s the shit bit, afterwards, given time to think a bit more, I realised there is an on/off switch on the bottom of the battery, if I’d dared to reach down far enough I should have been able to reach it and kill the power to the motor. The clearest vision is hind sight!

It's a bit of a design flaw, though ... good on you for keeping control and escaping (relatively) unscathed.

I was curious about kill switches, so checked on eBay ... I think, given your experience, if I get an e-bike I'd also get and install one of these (if it didn't already come with one pre-fitted).

(Just the first entry that came up in the search results.)

(Edited to fix a spelling, aargh!)

Last edited:
It's a bit of a design flaw, though ... go on you for keeping control and escaping (relatively) unscathed.

I was curious about kill switches, so checked on eBay ... I think, given your experience, if I get an e-bike I'd also get and install one of these (if it didn't already come with one pre-fitted).

(Just the first entry that came up in the search results.)
What a bloody good idea! I’ve just ordered one! Well done mucker

Awol

LE
74E69C51-5AB8-4335-B632-7AFFF61E8471.jpeg

Motorbikes all have a kill switch (ignition) on the handlebar. It wouldn't have been a great design leap to integrate the battery isolator into the handlebar control.

Sounds a bit crap to me.

Latest Threads