Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

I googled that and although the stat is true, it's partly because dropped cases don't count.

That's the German government trick too. They start a case and, if it looks like it might fail, they suspend the process. It doesn't get closed and the accused cannot get a closure verdict so can never claim fees/costs/damages etc. Many a person has been ruined this way. However their conviction rate is really high because open cases don't count toward the stats.

As for the subject of the thread. I think she will get time served but have to promise, behind the scenes, to keep her trap firmly shut.

Posh or not, you find and flick the bean, they all loose control.
Back in the early 70's whist stationed near Falingbostle, i knew one of the dwarfs who worked in the Officers mess of the regiment that provided the Officer/Fall Guy for princess Anne to hook up with. Prior to 'Fogs' romance, Anne was getting her ten penny worth with some Major, whos' name i forget. But he was a well renowned swordsman in his day. Word was, whenever she popped over for a resupply of meat and two veg, they would clear the rooms either side of his to spare HRH the blushes, such a loud lady that she was. But as one of the night staff, this bod, would often think that the widows were going to rattle open and the roof cave in.

Nurse! NURSE!

Robber's missed taking his meds again.

Prince Andrew was not 'dragged into' the trial, that's hyperbole on the part of the Telegraph.

The pilot stating that he saw famous people on Epstein's planes is hardly news, though it'll be interesting to see where the prosecution is going with it.

Worth noting that the pilots testimony appears to help the defence more than the prosecution at the moment.
Yes, the key thing the media seem to have missed is that he finished by saying he never saw anything untoward.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm a cynic and when the Weinstein (strong obama/clinton backer) story broke. I think the Clinton Camp were aware of Epstein and knew he had links to Trump and so to muddy the waters, they're decided to throw Epstein to the wolves and despite Bill's own links it was enough to muddy the waters and let the media show on repeat the vid of Trump welcoming Epstein and sharing a joke with him.

As for the trial, I think she is guilty as hell.

I haven't followed the case in great detail.

I am appalled at the way Maxwell has been treated as a suspect. I can't see any plausible reasons to deny her bail (albeit with stringent conditions) and her conditions in the remand jail are squalid, degrading and damaging. It looks like a calculated and concerted attempt to undermine Maxwell's ability to mount an effective defence. It also appears that the prosecution hoped to coerce Maxwell into an unwanted plea bargain. The whole situation is utterly shameful, and closer to the judicial practices in corrupt Third World countries and authoritarian states.

If Maxwell is guilty, she deserves a substantial prison sentence. Until then, she deserves a genuine presumption of innocence.

Surprised they haven't surmised Prince Andrew may have been Jack the Ripper yet

That will be Retired Bloke's next attention seeking fib.

reminds me of the one about the anti-semite who said the Jews sank the Titanic
"But I thought the Titanic was sunk by an iceberg?"
"Iceberg, Goldberg they're all the same....."

Some bloke called Corbyn by some chance?. There, but not involved.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Did Bob Maxwell actually die on that yacht back in the 1990s?. It seemed way too convenient with proceedings against him looming.

He was a crook par excellence.
No he died OFF it.

They see what they want to see...

I don't know what Epstein's aircraft was but the crews job is to fly the thing, not go walking through the cabin. Once you are into the top end of corporate jets, Gulfstream, Global Express etc. they now have a crew section so that the hired help don't need to use the facilities reserved for those paying for the privilege.

What the crew should be able to provide is passenger manifests but even then there is a statutory limit on how long you are required to keep them then they are usually destroyed.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
My bold. An easy target. And i suspect knowing she is about to be fed to the dogs, with no possible chance of escape, all the dirty mucky tacky secrets of the rich and famous will be revealed, there will be some very high profile movers and shakers shitting themselves in a few hours time. Buck house, as we speak, are going into damage limitation mode. I really do hope that that mega arseh0le Blair's name is mentioned, that would really be the icing on the cake. There is bound to be a few names surface that you would never ever think would be involved in such alleged tacky sleaze. The MSM will have a field day. The daily wail will be creaming their knickers and drooling at the mouth, and the gutter press will think its their birthday. HIGNFY should be a good program to watch in the next few weeks. Really looking forward to seeing the high and mighty being dragged into the real world in court. :applaud: :applaud:
However according to her she is innocent so she really can’t drop others in the poo without admitting she knew what was going on.
She must have had an opportunity of some sought to come to an “arrangement”, a plea bargain as they put it but as of yet she has mentioned nobody.

I am appalled at the way Maxwell has been treated as a suspect. I can't see any plausible reasons to deny her bail (albeit with stringent conditions) and her conditions in the remand jail are squalid, degrading and damaging. It looks like a calculated and concerted attempt to undermine Maxwell's ability to mount an effective defence. It also appears that the prosecution hoped to coerce Maxwell into an unwanted plea bargain. The whole situation is utterly shameful, and closer to the judicial practices in corrupt Third World countries and authoritarian states.

If Maxwell is guilty, she deserves a substantial prison sentence. Until then, she deserves a genuine presumption of innocence.
IIRC, the multiple bail refusals are because Ghislaine is considered a flight risk.
“The Defendant continues to have substantial international ties, familial and personal connections abroad, substantial financial resources, and experience evading detection,” the judge said.

Maxwell promised to renounce her French and British citizenship, and have her assets monitored by a retired federal judge if released, but it wasn’t enough to convince the judge that she wouldn’t use her money to evade prosecution.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
From what I understand Ghislaine Maxwell is accused of offering teenage (17+ IIRC) girls money to be "available" for older men at various luxurious tropical mansions which they'd be flown to and live like queens in exchange for access to the contents of their knickers. Whilst it's immoral, grubby and by some nations' laws illegal, it's hardly the crime of the century*. What's the going rate for pimping? The only reason she's being prosecuted is because of the big names supposedly involved, and the various political axes being ground and careers being built on the strength of them...

IMHO, she doesn't deserve a prison sentence if found guilty, the punishment she's been doled out prior to being found guilty is way in excess of what she would deserve if she's actually guilty (as opposed to found guilty by the US Federal legal machine).

*I have an 18 year old daughter myself and although I wouldn't take kindly to any high class pimp approaching her, I'm well aware of the venality, desire for instant gratification and silliness of some girls her age - nobody was forced to have sex with anyone.

I fully agree with you regarding the legal/judicial aspects of the case however, in view of the fate of her alleged co-perpetrator/conspirator and the possible implications of this case for others, it would not have been reasonable not to have her under lock and key.

IIRC, the multiple bail refusals are because Ghislaine is considered a flight risk.
“The Defendant continues to have substantial international ties, familial and personal connections abroad, substantial financial resources, and experience evading detection,” the judge said.

Maxwell promised to renounce her French and British citizenship, and have her assets monitored by a retired federal judge if released, but it wasn’t enough to convince the judge that she wouldn’t use her money to evade prosecution.

I think the Judge was playing CMA on multiple levels and refusal to grant bail was a cynical political decision.

Maxwell is a 59 year old woman who is unsuited to life as a fugitive. She's also astute enough to know that in this day and age, it's incredibly difficult to disappear. Even the young and resourceful who can survive anonymously on the fringes of society, or in a forest shack somewhere remote, have the odds stacked against them.

Maxwell would have to depend entirely on others - likely unscrupulous and mercenary others - to maintain a life on the run. That's seldom a reliable option. The best she could hope for if she skipped bail, would be to delay the inevitable and rack up extra charges.

Even if you're a multimillionaire, life as a fugitive means perpetual self-imposed house arrest in a gilded cage somewhere - and a life of total isolation and 24 hour anxiety.

The prosecution and the judge know full well that she isn't a flight risk.

However according to her she is innocent so she really can’t drop others in the poo without admitting she knew what was going on.
She must have had an opportunity of some sought to come to an “arrangement”, a plea bargain as they put it but as of yet she has mentioned nobody.
The DM are all over it like a cheap suit. Along with photos of Andy walking with maxwell, they are implying that there was some sort of connection, i do really think that he will be slowly drawn into the whole sleazy mess, There is no way that he can say" I know nuffin abaht it guv" The very fact he knew the both of them, and he spent time on the plane, and in Epstein's homes, condemns him. He is not going to walk away with his somewhat questionable reputation intact.

Who walks into a brothel just to listen to the piano player.!!

Latest Threads