Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

What sort of prison will she go to? Will it be something akin to the one she is in now, or something gentler? If such a thing exists in the US.
Maxwell's lawyers requested that she be incarcerated in the low-security federal prison in Danbury, Connecticut,
But, because, she was convicted of sex crimes, she will not be sent to a minimum-security prison camp and is most likely to be placed at a high-security jail. No idea where.

She is also, reportedly, applying to serve her sentence in the UK. She would need to serve at least 3 years in a US prison first but a judge may take into account time served already - but that's not guaranteed.

As she holds French citizenship also perhaps she could apply to a be transferred to a French jail. I would imagine that the food would be better but, you know. French people.

Maxwell's lawyers requested that she be incarcerated in the low-security federal prison in Danbury, Connecticut,
But, because, she was convicted of sex crimes, she will not be sent to a minimum-security prison camp and is most likely to be placed at a high-security jail. No idea where.

She is also, reportedly, applying to serve her sentence in the UK. She would need to serve at least 3 years in a US prison first but a judge may take into account time served already - but that's not guaranteed.

As she holds French citizenship also perhaps she could apply to a be transferred to a French jail. I would imagine that the food would be better but, you know. French people.
The US will remember the sinking of Rainbow Warrior by two DGSE agents in New Zealand in 1985, and the cynical actions of the French Government in releasing them after they were transferred to French custody.

Certain cases of murder are a federal crime. Murdering a federal government official, judge or law enforcement officer is a federal crime. Murders committed during a bank robbery are a federal crime because bank robbery is a federal crime. Murders related to the rape or sexual abuse of minors. There are other cases where murder becomes a federal. Otherwise it is a state crime so you get the "life without possibility of parole" sentences.
Murder in the course of terroristic actions also carry a death penalty. It does not matter what state the crime occurs in. Massachusetts has no death penalty but Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is awaiting execution for 4 federal murder convictions. Three victims of the Boston Marathon bombing died and Dzhokhar also murdered an MIT police officer in cold blood putting 6 rounds into the back of the head of Officer Sean Collier in an attempt to steal Sean’s gun.
Dzhokhar is currently living in federal ADX Florence in Colorado awaiting an execution date.
The execution can’t come soon enough for me.
I had many meetings at the MIT police office and back then Sean was the junior officer in the chiefs office and would bring bring us coffee. One day I admired the MIT PD mugs and he gave me a new one. I think of Sean every time I use the mug. Spoke to him often. A very nice young man who could have had a great career in the police.
I look forward to the day his sentence is carried out.
Sorry if I sound vengeful but I cannot be dispassionate about this murderer

Excellent news.
Especially as radio stations stopped playing "I believe I can fly' !
Looking through his discography, I would imagine that some of his other singles might now be more appropriate:

**** you tonight
Tongue
Don't let go
Juicy Booty
Trade in my life
Who's that?

etc etc etc

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Orville was a victim. It’s the nonce who used to fist him that needs investigating!
And who sold him to the nonce? I think we should be told.

On a tangent...

The six-week trial heard how he trafficked women between different US states, assisted by managers, security guards and other entourage members, over two decades.
I wonder if R Kelly's customers will be outed? The Venn diagram of their customer bases might be informative.

Canuck Vet

Old-Salt
Additionally, does this whole scandal end here? Now that Epstein "suicided" himself and Ghislaine is about to spend 20 years making car number plates, what happens now? The flight logs to Epstein's Island are full of names, but we are supposed to accept that this whole thing is to be concluded with one death, one jail sentence and one shamed member of the RF who never went to court.

If the girls affected want justice, wouldn't they now start identifying the men who abused them on Paedo Island?
Saw a YT with Christine Oxenberg today where she said that Ghislaine told her that J's plane was wired for audio and vis and that there was a lot of comprimat on their guests. His residences, as well. Comprimat was their game and, if the FBI did in fact get all that data, they don't really need her. The powerful are protected as long as they don't threaten "the system".

Canuck Vet

Old-Salt
If she gets a transfer to UK jail after 3 years served in US she could be there in 1 more year. What are the UK regs re early parole? In Cda , with good behaviour, you can get out with only 1/3 of sentence served.
I get the feeling she's past caring now and knows she's fornicated.

A bit like Eichmann at his trial, who was reported to show some amusement during the proceedings. Like contrition was going to do him any favours.
i

If she gets a transfer to UK jail after 3 years served in US she could be there in 1 more year. What are the UK regs re early parole? In Cda , with good behaviour, you can get out with only 1/3 of sentence served.
i
In the UK it was if sentenced to under 4 years, 25% in prison, 25% on the tag (home curfew), 50% parole. Over 4 years it was 50% in prison and 50% on parole, unless sentenced to serve a minimum amount in prison. So in a case where I was on jury service one got 15 years with a minimum term of 10 years and the other got 8 years so out in 4.

I wonder if the 20 years that she has been sentenced to would be classed as a minimum term for UK purposes?

Orville was a victim. It’s the nonce who used to fist him that needs investigating!

He liked groping all the "slebs" that were on the shows with him as well

no respect for fame either

TamH70

MIA
On a tangent...

The six-week trial heard how he trafficked women between different US states, assisted by managers, security guards and other entourage members, over two decades.

There's already a thread for that twat. I should know, I started it after all. ;)