Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

She could reduce that sentence, say a year off for every name named. Odd that only one, who happens to be a very big, non-US target, has been named, albeit without reliable witness or evidence.
Start keeping a look out for this man wanting to visit her in jail.

c45.jpg

That is an appeal against her sentence, rather than her conviction. Does that mean that she now accepts the verdict?
I suspect it’s more a case that she, or more accurately her lawyers, have run out of options rather than admitting guilt.

It’ll be interesting to see if this latest twist gets any traction or if it’s the start of some sort of negotiation.

She could reduce that sentence, say a year off for every name named. Odd that only one, who happens to be a very big, non-US target, has been named, albeit without reliable witness or evidence.

she could get dead very quickly if she named any American names! - bare in mind that the FBI already has all those names and all the evidence in their possession and the US judicial system/prosecutor etc jerrymandered her trial content to ensure that they were never mentioned - extremely powerful people are invested in the truth never coming out

she could get dead very quickly if she named any American names! - bare in mind that the FBI already has all those names and all the evidence in their possession and the US judicial system/prosecutor etc jerrymandered her trial content to ensure that they were never mentioned - extremely powerful people are invested in the truth never coming out
Like, pics, or corroborative evidence for that statement?

Like, pics, or corroborative evidence for that statement?

if we had that then it would be great but we do know from records that the FBI mysteriously carried out a search which involved opening Epsteins safe then the FBI agents mysteriously left and came back later and the stuff in it had disappeared! - in my opinion, it is not hard to link the lack of names emerging at the trial to the current party in power, controlling the DOJ and FBI and people being protected

Evidence from Jeffrey Epstein's safe 'went missing' after FBI raid, court hears in Ghislaine Maxwell trial

Maxwell is scheduled to be sentenced on 28 June and she faces up to 55 years behind bars. However, authorities calculate sentencing recommendations based on guidelines that take into account a variety of factors, such as a person’s criminal history.

The US probation department, which makes sentencing recommendations, has suggested a punishment of 240 months imprisonment. Maxwell’s sentence is ultimately up to the judge.

So it could be more, it could be less, but it is reasonable to assume that, barring any mitigating circumstances, 20 years is reasonable expectation.

if we had that then it would be great but we do know from records that the FBI mysteriously carried out a search which involved opening Epsteins safe then the FBI agents mysteriously left and came back later and the stuff in it had disappeared! - in my opinion, it is not hard to link the lack of names emerging at the trial to the current party in power, controlling the DOJ and FBI and people being protected

Evidence from Jeffrey Epstein's safe 'went missing' after FBI raid, court hears in Ghislaine Maxwell trial
If that's the case, maxwell is between a rock and a hard place, if she tells all, she will have an "accident" if she doesn't, she will banged up for life, in solitary, to make sure she doesn't. Which tells you all you need to know about american morality, and who really runs the country.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If that's the case, maxwell is between a rock and a hard place, if she tells all, she will have an "accident" if she doesn't, she will banged up for life, in solitary, to make sure she doesn't. Which tells you all you need to know about american morality, and who really runs the country.
She must know this and have documents lodged somewhere to be released when she dies.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Shades of the Elm Guest House case in this country. Allegedly, a disorderly house where the rich and famous went to use male prostitutes and (more pertinently) youngsters. The place was run by Haroon and Carole Kasir and the latter kept a diary which used code-names for the rich and famous who visited (one of whom - allegedly - was an ageing pop star whose home in Surrey was raided, an action which saw the BBC censured for the role it played and said ageing move to the Caribbean).

Certain individuals from a certain government agency which may or may not have the number '5' in its title allegedly visited the premises and took Carol Kasir's diaries. They were never seen again and she died in 1990 at the age of 47; the cause given was an insulin overdose.

A conspiracy theorist's dream, that one - and one which rumbled on for years but which is now 'closed' as one of the prime 'witnesses' was Carl Beech.

In Maxwell's case? My own feeling is that a scalp was needed. Andrew had/has the useful qualities of being high-profile and non-American.

I doubt we'll ever see any action against an American 'scalp' of similar stature. I'd also be bloody surprised if Maxwell started singing.

She must know this and have documents lodged somewhere to be released when she dies.
Released maybe, but in the public domain, never, too many careers bank balances and sordid reputations at stake. Nothing is more guaranteed to destroy the egos and standing of those in power than being found out. The higher up the totem pole, the more influence and muscle you have to cover up your misdeeds. Power corrupts, Putin is a good example of this.

Last edited:
Genuine question; what’s this weird fetish with the Clintons, particularly Hillary?

So far as I’m aware they’re no more or less corrupt than any other politician of that level except having the temerity of belonging to the wrong political tribe, but there seem to be no end of people trying to suggest that Hillary particularly is some sort of criminal mastermind.

I mean, I appreciate satire for comedic effect, but seriously?

Am I just not looking at the ‘correct’ websites, or is there actually any evidence that the Clintons had any more interactions with Epstein and Maxwell than any other scrote (including Trump)?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Genuine question; what’s this weird fetish with the Clintons, particularly Hillary?

So far as I’m aware they’re no more or less corrupt than any other politician of that level except having the temerity of belonging to the wrong political tribe, but there seem to be no end of people trying to suggest that Hillary particularly is some sort of criminal mastermind.

I mean, I appreciate satire for comedic effect, but seriously?

Am I just not looking at the ‘correct’ websites, or is there actually any evidence that the Clintons had any more interactions with Epstein and Maxwell than any other scrote (including Trump)?
I think it’s the worryingly high number of deaths of those who’ve had business dealings with them around the time that Bill was Arkansas’s governor.

All sorts of murky allegations relating to Little Rock, the mere mention of which causes conniptions in some quarters.

Also, Slick Willy’s name apparently being on passenger manifests for a certain dead peddler’s aircraft.

All of this post is intended to impart information from other online sources and is not asserted as fact, etc.

I think it’s the worryingly high number of deaths of those who’ve had business dealings with them around the time that Bill was Arkansas’s governor.

All sorts of murky allegations relating to Little Rock, the mere mention of which causes conniptions in some quarters.

Also, Slick Willy’s name apparently being on passenger manifests for a certain dead peddler’s aircraft.

All of this post is intended to impart information from other online sources and is not asserted as fact, etc.
I seem to recall that during Maxwell’s trial Epstein’s pilot stated that Trump had also used his plane on occasion.

I don’t say that as ‘whataboutery’, but more at my bemusement that some get the ‘nothing to see here, move along’ treatment, while Hillary particularly gets the ‘she must be a witch, burn her’ approach.

Just seems odd, to me.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Is that your "Oh please Special Agent, please don't send the black helicopters" get out clause?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Is that your "Oh please Special Agent, please don't send the black helicopters" get out clause?
That transparent, huh? :-D

More seriously, all the allegations are out there. How far one chooses to believe them, or to dig around on the internet (I haven't; what I've written is about the extent of my knowledge) is up to the individual.

The FBI did not ‘mysteriously’ leave and come back later.
They found hard drives etc that were out of scope of their warrant and left them unattended until returning with a warrant
The drives were taken by Epsteins lawyers and handed over to the FBI - the FBI had documented and taken photographs of the drives and confirmed that there was no tampering

beanomc

Old-Salt
That is an appeal against her sentence, rather than her conviction. Does that mean that she now accepts the verdict?
It isn't an appeal against her sentence. She hasn't been sentenced yet. These are arguments during the sentencing phase of her trial. She can, and most likely will, appeal against her conviction after sentencing.

Latest Threads