Ghislaine Maxwell Trial

"Inappropriate" ?

WTF do you think happens to such unfortunates when they have ceased to serve their intended purpose?
They get dumped on Social Services who attempt to pick up the pieces.

The common thread of NPD is unrestrained, it can seriously push a deeply sociopathic(Maxwell) or psychopathic(Epstein) individuals towards ever greater depths and our very own Jimmy Saville had friends and a coterie of close in support that probably did the same job as Maxwell did for epstein.

On what basis do you differentiate the two?
Just curious

I found Theroux's programme on Saville to be an exercise in grooming. There was something vaguely sickening (to me) about their relationship.

I dislike Theroux.

It's difficult to pin down why exactly. I do sense that he's perpetually dissembling behind the awkward and geeky persona. There are occasional hints of a harder and quite calculating personality at work. Under certain circumstances, he might be quite sly and manipulative. Theroux's disingenuous affected naivete and innocence quickly becomes irritating.

Despite all his talents and connections (and he is very bright) he hasn't done much that I'd define as really worthwhile. There is something almost voyeuristic about the way he seeks out bizarre or eccentric people and insinuates himself into their private worlds. Theroux presents his work as documentaries, but there's an underlying element of freak show light entertainment. Most of the people he 'features' are at a disadvantage when dealing with him. Some of his programs had more merit than others.

Compare Theroux to Ross Kemp who also goes around the world and interviews extreme and unusual people. Kemp is a sincere and straightforward man and I'd trust him quite a long way. I'm not quite sure what Theroux is. I certainly wouldn't give him any access to my life.

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
What's the dollar value of "Peace & Healing"? I bet "Jane" either already knows or is keen to find out...
5 million dollars

"Jane said on Tuesday she had received $5 million from the victims' compensation fund.

"I wish I would have never received that money in the first place," Jane said after a long, tearful pause. "Hopefully this just puts it all to an end and I can move on with my life."

D

Deleted 15400

I dislike Theroux.

It's difficult to pin down why exactly. I do sense that he's perpetually dissembling behind the awkward and geeky persona. There are occasional hints of a harder and quite calculating personality at work. Under certain circumstances, he might be quite sly and manipulative. Theroux's disingenuous affected naivete and innocence quickly becomes irritating.

Despite all his talents and connections (and he is very bright) he hasn't done much that I'd define as really worthwhile. There is something almost voyeuristic about the way he seeks out bizarre or eccentric people and insinuates himself into their private worlds. Theroux presents his work as documentaries, but there's an underlying element of freak show light entertainment. Most of the people he 'features' are at a disadvantage when dealing with him. Some of his programs had more merit than others.

Compare Theroux to Ross Kemp who also goes around the world and interviews extreme and unusual people. Kemp is a sincere and straightforward man and I'd trust him quite a long way. I'm not quite sure what Theroux is. I certainly wouldn't give him any access to my life.
It was going so well, then you held Ross Kemp up as a counter argument.... :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

It was going so well, then you held Ross Kemp up as a counter argument.... :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
I find myself comparing Theroux to his funnier protégé, Ali G as they share the same tricks and deception in fooling their mark to act according to how they want them to be portrayed to the public.
Clearly, Theroux is duller and less funny that Sacha Baron Cohen's character.

I'm past exited, just interested to see how it all pans out. As a boring mundane wage slave, now retired, never having the wherewithal, or inclination to indulge in high stakes sexual shenanigans, it amuses me to see those that have had all the advantages in life that 99.9% of the population don't, and could never aspire to, piss it all up the wall, and get caught out, and thinking that they are bomb proof, by virtue of their status, money and social contacts,........... karma's such a sweet bastard. :applaud:

And you can always make something up to entertain yourself.
You usually do.

Surely that depends on the questions being asked, you wouldn't want her to lie under oath?

If she is asked if she remembers an event a witness claims to have present at, she could quit easily drop names in her reply of others that where at that event. They in turn could be potential witnesses (if not already).

We will have to wait and see what happens. Its just a shame it's not on live TV.
I suspect the way the prosecution intend to act is to continue to increase the pressure on Maxwell to get her to crack and then give her a confession to sign which names other people. They already know the names they want, they've spent the past few years coming up with them. They just need a piece of paper signed by someone who could be used as a witness. That's how they do big game hunting in New York.

Maxwell in turn will likely play things by ear. If the witnesses are sufficiently discredited, then she will never take the stand. I don't believe she can be compelled to testify in the trial if she doesn't wish to.

If things look bad she may try to salvage the situation by force of personality on the witness stand. That is a huge gamble though, as the prosecutors can then ask her questions that she may not wish to answer.

I haven't been following the case other than on ARRSE, but the witnesses may have some weak points. It is quite possible that the defence will try to portray the witnesses as being the sort of girl / women willing to do anything for money, including providing the prosecutors with a story suitably tailored to put them in a position to extract millions in compensation claims.

IMG-20211202-WA0044.jpg

Latest Threads