Ghanian orphan joins british army

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by Big_Bazza, Dec 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good on him, better than most of the scrotes coming through training who couldn't give a ****!

2. What a spot on bloke. The system has done well by him.

"Now rifleman Paul, 23, has joined the 1st Infantry Training Battalion in Catterick, North Yorks, to pay the debt he feels he owes. The talented artist, who recently sold works for £30,000 and gave the cash to Afrikids, said: “I want to say ‘thank you’ to the country that gave me life."

He earnt more than his first years wage in the Army with one picture. And still joined up.

I wish him well.

And hope he knocks out some good sketches from his service.

3. Good on him. Looks like a damn worth-while charity too

4. Excellent story.

To see some of his work, have a look at the www.afrikids.org website.

5. Good Lad, glad to see someone who didnt turn around a bite the hand that fed him but decided to do something about it. Obviously a generous lad to boot. Good luck for the future.

6. What a great story about integrity & a sense of duty & pride. I wish him the very best in his future career. Me thinks he is going to do well and go far. I showed the story to my wee ones & explained in a very basic language that he had no mummy & daddy & was in an orphange & was an artist and sold some paintings to help other kids & now he has joined the Rifles. The youngest was very humbled as is her father.

It would be nice to see him get an award at the end of 2009 if the Sun repeats the Millies again.

K

7. I thought the thread said 'Grampian orphan' at first. Jolly good show anyway.

8. well done to the young soldier hope everything works out fine for him

9. Coming to a Rifles PRI near you :D

Spotted one that might go well in my lounge.

10. This is one of the many things I love about the British Army, that it welcomes recruits from the Commonwealth. I was born in Zambia and although I have spent most of my life in England, I believe joining the British Army will make me more a part of Britain. And I believe that it brings an immense sense of pride to serve in the Army.

11. Well done that young man.

May he have a long, and fruitful career.

12. Marvellous story, and just a marvellous lad in the true spirit of the British Army! I sincerely hope that everything he hopes for comes true!

MsG

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nothing new here, in Sudan the KOYLI adopted an orphan or foundling and he was permitted to serve dying a bandsman cpl in the late 20's.

14. Good luck to you Paul Apowida.