getting your driving license through the TA

Hi, does anyone know more about this? if you decided to leave the TA afew years down the line would you lose your driving license? I am not looking to leave anytime soon but don't see the point in going through the trouble of getting your license if you have to hand it in at the end of service.

Anyone with questions please, be much apprichated.
The driving licence bears your name, not your service number. It's yours to keep.

The problem comes with licences which have a time expiry. Leave the TA and don't use it/renew it, it's a waste for all involved.
I recieved my licence through the TA. They sent me down to Bovington to the D&M school and did it there, the great thing (apart from the fact you don't pay for it!) is unlike doing it on civvy street if you fail you can re-test after one days re-training. However, it does depend on your role. If you're vehicle based there's a greater incentive to get everyone driver trained. Best bet is to ask your PSI.

Similar threads

Latest Threads