Getting wed

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by SubTig, Feb 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Letting my self in for a second dose of married life in 2013 when I get back from the sandy place. Now I was thinking about wearing uniform but was not sure how this would look with a best man who wouldn't be in uniform.

Excluding the normal stab bashing replies, has anyone been in a similar circumstance and would care to pass on their experiences??

Regards

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Way back in the cold war a mate of mine got wed in his ginger drinking suit, a bad look for a TA bod then!

3. Once bitten, twice shy?

4. Blues look good at a wedding - doesn't matter what your best man wears - you are the groom not him!! Your RHQ should be able to help with the supply of everything you need to look pretty so long as you ask nicely and well in advance.

5. You'll probably look like this:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. why you asking ? you are going to do what she says any
    way.

7. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

have you ever bumped in to a geezer like him on the left and said " sorry mate didnt see you " ?

8. I didnt bother wearing uniform as perosnally i dont think we should.
    reasons being:
    1) We are not Full time
    2) You really really dont want to be out shining the wife with uniform and medals...

Instead i added a different touch and had my old sjt rock up in Greens and bling as my toast master. It went down really well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's easy, make the best man join up or swap him out for one of your bessies from the gan...

In all honesty though, ask the boss to be, I'm guessing she likes the idea of uniform, if not sack it and hire a morning suit, if you go uniform FFS only No1s don't look like a turd in a belt in No2s... I think I'd rather get married in a wooly pully and lightweights!

10. As above, Blues/No1 dress or dont bother. And ask the intended for her input.

I find it very sad that your best man is not also serving.

11. cheers guys... for all the replies!!!!