Getting ugly in Kenya

For some weird reason, this thread and this very wet evening in London made me think of this song. Not even a fan of it in the first place.

And the weather. As @lokiuk said it would have a great tourist industry if it wasn’t for all this terrorism. Such a shame having been luckily enough to go to Kenya twice whilst in the army I had one R and R at Lake Naivasha and a few years later I went to Mombasa, or was it the other way around?
Any way I would have loved to have taken my family to Kenya on safari and then a week in Mombasa but I wouldn’t go any where near the place in this day and age.
The country must be missing out on billions.
The whole islamic world is missing out on....... what is two levels up from trillions?

Abbottillions. Equal to a London council sterling requirement for unemployment and single-parent Benefit.
Also roughly equal then to the half the amount paid out to Grenfell Tower 'residents' who were paid out, without investigation, 100 grand each, despite never having been near the place, 'cos they was bluds innit.

The Independent just gets better...... Headline 'Who was the SAS man'? in the text.... ' We won't identify him for security reasons'.

Followed by..... 'He may be a US Navy Seal'...... next line....... 'The SAS man......'.

Pathetic 'journalism'.

Also roughly equal then to the half the amount paid out to Grenfell Tower 'residents' who were paid out, without investigation, 100 grand each, despite never having been near the place, 'cos they was bluds innit.
Are you a fascist? You swine.

It was instructive, and heartening, that more that 50 years after independence a single Brit was able to spearhead a rescue effort in this sort of situation.

And, perhaps, as un-PC as it is, just one small example of how Britain once ruled the largest Empire that the world has known to date.

Last edited:
It was instructive, and heartening, that more that 50 years after independence a single Brit was able to spearhead a rescue effort in this sort of situation.

And, perhaps, as un-PC as it is, just one small example of how Britain once ruled the largest Empire that the world has known to date.
A Man? A Soldier? You brute.

(There shall be some merriment in the Guardian's columns today and tomorrow.)

Edit: On the other hand, it's not a subject which the Guardian would really like to debate, and certainly not one which they want to have 'comments' on, judging from their website just now. Far too many embarrassing truths, I suspect. Still, there'll be a few weepy columns about the reasons for it all; I'm betting that it's All the Fault of the British Colonials.)

Last edited:
Tired looking eyes on the Them. Looks more like he's been up all night than out having a mooch in the shops.

Very impressed by the opening chapter of Chris Ryan's new book in the Mirror he's passing off as first hand knowledge.

Tired looking eyes on the Them. Looks more like he's been up all night than out having a mooch in the shops.

Very impressed by the opening chapter of Chris Ryan's new book in the Mirror he's passing off as first hand knowledge.
That was the second chapter:

Chris had just finished taking the top 12 Kenyan soldiers on a 200 mile tab for a few days in the Sahara, he was tired, whilst the Kenyans slept, Chris had set up Claymores made from empty Vitalite containers to warn off any Al-Shabab that may be in the area.

As Chris sat there on sentry he noticed an 8 year old goat herder walking in between the improvised claymores straight towards their position. Slot him, his training kicked in, duff duff duff a triple tap on the silenced A2M3-B2 silenced Israeli 7.62mm death bringer, the boy dropped. Chris buried him in a ceremonial camel skin before cooking camel bacon for the tired Kenyans.

As they tabbed the last 50 miles to town, Chris had to run forward and back several times to bring water to the Kenyans.

After 3 sleepless nights and tabbing water back to the Kenyans 5 times Chris had to enter the hotel and ask for water, he stored his weapons in his car and paid 8 local 12 year old Kenyan children to watch his gear, at that point all hell broke loose, the goat herder managed to get a text off to Al Kebab whilst Chris wrestled with his conscience, the rest as they say, is The Mirror and The Sun historic truth.

RIP victims and speedy recovery to the the injured...

May have been Response by the good guys ....in the form of a mystery dark Sikorsky S-92 Helibus (one was sighted at Djibouti and Syria ) ..

This landed in some sports ground evacuate the wounded. .....(so no Stealth Hawks in this case)!

Those of us in the industry probbly have shaken hands with the operator over the years......

https://master.elementdev.io

F0493BAE-BD6B-48F4-A750-0441DC7219AE.jpeg

Last edited: