Getting ready for exercise

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Sam_Fisher, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Travelling round Wattashame today watching everybody getting ready for a few weeks away in the woods of England got me to thinking. What is the most tedious job you have to do prior to driving out the gates and anniying the locals with your crap driving techniques? My fave was having to make endless bloody cam skirts for 4 tonners!!!! There must be a factory somewhere in England/ Germany/ Bangladesh that the British Army are keeping afloat with all their orders for rolls of plastic grey material.
  2. Using the sponge from a TOW missile box cut in the shape of a large brick to decorate those grey/brown plastic strips to diguise my vehicle as an unfinished garden wall. If the enemy got that close to see the brick pattern they might as well join in a stag!
  3. Hey fellas, it could be worse - you could have been out for 4 weeks which is what the old man wanted! Just think, you get to do it all again in november / december for another 3 weeks, followed by 6 weeks in oman early next year. Still, it could be worse, you could be doing a mil skills 48 hours with march and shoots etc over one of the weekends. enjoy fellas.
  4. We could always stop at motorway services and be told not to use them, unless your the old regt 2ic. Oh yeah that was last time, this time we can sit at wattisham for a few days on exercise just to keep the morale up!!!! Good one!!! :lol:
  5. Hey Lynx effect, don't forget your cam cream - and the noise discipline - especially when there's the 5 tonnes of thundering love starting up next to your tents - or basha's if a certain scottish LE has his way. Army Air Corps - why plan if you can react! And it'll only get worse as the big black morale hoover does it's job even more effectively. See you at Woo*****e
  6. so nothing's changed since 86- 92?
    do you still have to go out into the woods to gather cam net poles?

I remember painting brick shapes on that horrible grey plastic sheeting.
    what used to really hack me off was unrolling all of the cam nets, fixing up the holes with hairy green string and then rolling them back up again, and snagging the net on every effing button.

Oh, how i loved exercises!!
  7. just been watching the boys on ex brought back memories and then sat in a cosy crew room with a hot brew. Did have to chuckle as it started raining and all i could think was IF IT ISN'T RAINING IT AIN;T TRAINING. Those were the days?!?!?!
  8. Do you still have to keep cam off bowsers? Used to spend hours stringing nets up in trees to make a garage only to get bugged out and then have to go back and fetch them after the exercise
  9. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

See you when you come to the back of my Qtr as you always do.

Please feel free to buzz the back of my house as you always do

I as usual will run through the back of your location just to annoy the RSM
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. Exercise................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats one of them............????????????????

I vaguely remember such a thing.

Oh well. Just remember the old AAC Aphorism.............While you are digging in.............................I am going home.

Have fun Sam