Getting out some advice.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by toytrain-driver, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the R. Signals last July and now have the job i wanted working in Social Services.

I thought i would post some tips that eased my transition.

Whilst in study towards a degree, i did mine with the OU and took full advantage of the Standard Learning Credits and Enhanced Learning Credits. You will be supprised how this opens doors and is becoming the min. standard for some jobs.

Do voluntary work. i did mine with the Royal British Legion as a caseworker. It not only opened my eyes to outside but secured me one of the references i needed. It helped also with the application/interview process.

Make a plan i started mine with five years left to do. It gave me a framework to work towards and enabled me use my resettlement entitlement wisely and also took away some of the stress of leaving (if you plan your resettlemnt well also use that as an example at the application/interview)

Be selfish in your last two years it is pay back time for the commitment you gave the system.

Hope this helps someone.
  2. When I left, I went on the game. Made a f*cking fortune, but my ring piece is in tatters.
  3. Seems to be ok though, you can still talk out it!
  4. Haha....that's rich coming from a f*cking social worker.
  5. Cheers mate - join your sister JG on big brother!
  6. toytrain-driver, you were a SNCO right?

Did you ever do EFP, EPC or a CLM?
  7. When I get out, Im going to blow my lump sum on smack and whores, then get housed by the council, where some fukcing do gooder social worker can sort my admin out for me
  8. hey, that was MY plan.
  9. Was that a 'Social Worker' joke?
  10. Social Worker? Looks like you've come to the right thread then. He'll give you advice on your resettlement as well if you ask. He took full advantage of his SLCs you know.
  11. How much time have you wasted replying to this post!
  12. I don't think he's wasted any time. He has however spent time to wind you up even more hippy.

That's never a waste of time.
  15. I was once told "Never kid around with social workers or the tax man, they don't have a sense of humour."

Now I believe it.