Getting out of military contract.

Hello,

I am an ex-soldier. I left By Right Having Given the appropriate notice. My conduct was exemplary. I left in 2003. I now wish to be relieved of my further contractual obligations to the Crown and was hoping that someone here would be able to direct me to the correct process or at least to whom I should address my desire.

Thanks in advance.

I think you only do 6 years on the reserve so you should be well in the clear.

C

cloudbuster

Just keep your head down. The likelihood of Glasgow sending you a note asking for your participation in any expeditionary warfare operations in support of our international partners is slim to none.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. The contract is for 22 years. Obviously I have served more than the 3 years 3 months that is required of a Regular contract (at my time of joining). I have spent the time on the Reserve list. Although I am now off the Reserve list I am not officially free from ALL obligations until December 2019. Although I agree that there is little chance of my being called up for "humanitarian" causes or otherwise, I do not want to have a contract with the British Army that obligates me in anyway AT ALL. Complete freedom from all contractual obligations is the aim. Not a 'just ignore it' kind of attitude. I am legally obligated and I want that to STOP.

Thanks again for your comments.

Well you can't. Also it isn't a contract but terms of service that you signed up to. Don't worry about it. If, in the unlikely even they do call you up, you have plenty of options:ignore; smoke a spiff or do other drugs; take it to court. Even if all that failed, you wouldn't spend long in as your compatriots would probably push you over the top first and use you a bullet catcher.
HTH

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Thanks to everyone for their replies. The contract is for 22 years. Obviously I have served more than the 3 years 3 months that is required of a Regular contract (at my time of joining). I have spent the time on the Reserve list. Although I am now off the Reserve list I am not officially free from ALL obligations until December 2019. Although I agree that there is little chance of my being called up for "humanitarian" causes or otherwise, I do not want to have a contract with the British Army that obligates me in anyway AT ALL. Complete freedom from all contractual obligations is the aim. Not a 'just ignore it' kind of attitude. I am legally obligated and I want that to STOP.

Thanks again for your comments.
Diddums. No one forced you take the Oath, you signed on the line. So head down, arrse up only 6years and 10 months to push under this yoke you've imagined for yourself.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. The contract is for 22 years.
I was under the impression you owed on the reserves until your 12 year point. You couldn't sign up for 22, either 3 6 or 9, then extend. The rules do get changed every now and again, but you stick to the rules in force when you joined, unless you prefer the new terms

You could always offer to give back the pay you took for those 3 yrs and 3 mths. Although having a whiney attitude like yours they probably wouldn't want you, anyway.
I guess the only way you'd get called up is if WW3 breaks out and general mobilisation and conscription is announced in which case wait for your number to come up.

Diddums. No one forced you take the Oath, you signed on the line. So head down, arrse up only 6years and 10 months to push under this yoke you've imagined for yourself.

Hello chocolate frog.

Your comments are not appreciated. Perhaps you should bother to ask questions of a person before judgement.

I am not COMPLAINING that I took the Oath. However, I consider it a stupid thing to have done as I am not a Christian and putting my life on the line for Christian Royalty seems to me to be rather the height of stupidity, from my point of view. An Oath is not legally binding, the contract that I signed is.

Have you Oh! Wonderful Chocolate Frog! Ever said to do something and then you wished you hadn't. I said I would kill people to protect people that I have little, to zero confidence in (or faith if you prefer). I wish I hadn't said that and so am seeking the legally mandated procedure to withdraw from that position. I also have other reasons, medical in fact, that make me rather annoyed at the treatment of soldiers and I am not under Oath or Contract to like that or to offer my continued support.

If you have nothing positive to submit then please do not bother to post as it is a waste of both my time and yours, as well as the resources of ARRSE.

Have a nice life.

Is this real?

Reported.

Go tell it on the mountain, shitlips.

Hello chocolate frog.

Your comments are not appreciated. Perhaps you should bother to ask questions of a person before judgement.

I am not COMPLAINING that I took the Oath. However, I consider it a stupid thing to have done as I am not a Christian and putting my life on the line for Christian Royalty seems to me to be rather the height of stupidity, from my point of view. An Oath is not legally binding, the contract that I signed is.

Have you Oh! Wonderful Chocolate Frog! Ever said to do something and then you wished you hadn't. I said I would kill people to protect people that I have little, to zero confidence in (or faith if you prefer). I wish I hadn't said that and so am seeking the legally mandated procedure to withdraw from that position. I also have other reasons, medical in fact, that make me rather annoyed at the treatment of soldiers and I am not under Oath or Contract to like that or to offer my continued support.

If you have nothing positive to submit then please do not bother to post as it is a waste of both my time and yours, as well as the resources of ARRSE.

Have a nice life.
That's funny as **** though.