Getting out in less than 7 months.

Discussion in 'Officers' started by KnightsofRowallan, Apr 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another request to tap your relative talents people.

Is it possible to get out any quicker than 7 months (without doing anything too drastic/illegal). Its making the job hunting process a bit trickier.
    No time bar in place. Just want to go.
    sensible answers on a post card please

2. Speak nicely to your MCM Div desk officer.

Also, if you are approaching the end of a tour and submit your PVR before they can issue a fresh posting order, they won't bother giving you a new posting. I know several people who've escaped in three or four months on this basis. In one case, even if the posting order's been issued, if you would serve less than 2 months in your new post they will usually withdraw it and let you leave.

The best alternative, however, is to be friends with the CO who will require the full 7 months notice but will also allow you the last three months as gardening leave, permitting you - under some circumstances - to pick up two salaries simultaneously. Just make sure the tax man knows!

IF

3. MS_Rep

MS_Rep RIP

The Army Retirements Board will usually hold you to 7 months from the date you sign yr PVR application, unless there are compassionate grounds for going earlier.

As said above your CO/1RO could let you go earlier.

You may not draw another salary whilst on resettlement; you may during your Terminal Leave, is my understanding.

If you have a trg ROS (Time Bar following a long course) this may also affect your retirement date.

When you eventally leave, make sure you get your P45 from Glasgow (hint)

regards and good luck!

[hope you submit yr Redress of Complaint against 2ic]

4. Maximus decimus meridas pretentionus has realised his potential?

5. Not so much that, just that I can take a hint.
    I'm a round peg in a square hole.

Plus there is still a lot more I want to do which I can't do here.