Getting out in less than 7 months.

Another request to tap your relative talents people.

Is it possible to get out any quicker than 7 months (without doing anything too drastic/illegal). Its making the job hunting process a bit trickier.
No time bar in place. Just want to go.
sensible answers on a post card please

Speak nicely to your MCM Div desk officer.

Also, if you are approaching the end of a tour and submit your PVR before they can issue a fresh posting order, they won't bother giving you a new posting. I know several people who've escaped in three or four months on this basis. In one case, even if the posting order's been issued, if you would serve less than 2 months in your new post they will usually withdraw it and let you leave.

The best alternative, however, is to be friends with the CO who will require the full 7 months notice but will also allow you the last three months as gardening leave, permitting you - under some circumstances - to pick up two salaries simultaneously. Just make sure the tax man knows!

IF

The Army Retirements Board will usually hold you to 7 months from the date you sign yr PVR application, unless there are compassionate grounds for going earlier.

As said above your CO/1RO could let you go earlier.

You may not draw another salary whilst on resettlement; you may during your Terminal Leave, is my understanding.

If you have a trg ROS (Time Bar following a long course) this may also affect your retirement date.

When you eventally leave, make sure you get your P45 from Glasgow (hint)

regards and good luck!

[hope you submit yr Redress of Complaint against 2ic]

Not so much that, just that I can take a hint.
I'm a round peg in a square hole.

Plus there is still a lot more I want to do which I can't do here.