Getting my old Army Medical records

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Drk1971, Sep 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hello all, can somebody tell me how I can get my old Army Medical Records?Also, probably my discharge papers while I think about it.

    I was in the British Signals in the early 90's.
  2. Just write to the JPA in Glasgow asking for the docs. They have to provide BUT it took nearly a year for me to receive mine. Their stated reason for the not -so-prompt reply was ' very busy' . 'fraid it is a case of ' Wait out'
  3. Try

    Army Personnel Centre
    Secretariat Disclosure 3 (medical)
    MP 525
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    G2 8EX
  4. oldbaldy

    oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

    Apply here
  5. British signals ?
  6. Oh and you have to prove you are who you say you are.
  7. seaweed

    seaweed LE Book Reviewer

    Some time ago I obtained my late uncle's medical records (he managed to be invalided TWICE, 1937 and again in 1940). There was no reference to any incident of his having been knocked unconscious, which family lore says caused him to be hospitalised during his training. Leads me to suspect that records may be discreetly edited to avoid Army/MoD embarassment, although of course muddled filing may contribute as people had other things to worry about in 1940. When I sent for my own personnel records one letter which was missing was my own one asking for PVR! of which I had kept a carbon. Still well worth sending for the records of deceased forebears though, although there is a long wait; it is surprising what one can learn about them.