Getting Married Abroad

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by poet, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wonder if anyone here has any experiences getting married abroad? If any one knows any good websites? Phone numbers?
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

A good website???

Are you looking for a place to get married or a bride?

Seriously, the world is quite a large place; it might help if you narrowed your desired destination down to at least continental level!
  3. Make sure you give him/her a reach around before you get wed, you just never know.
  4. I will be getting married in Tokyo in October if that helps? I can give you the website of the venue and the phone numbers of the single bridesmaids (assuming that you haven't yet got a bride lined up)
  5. Want some good advice? Don't bother!
  6. Why your wedding didnt go as planned and now you been deported back to Iraq.
  7. I married a German in Germany. Marriage licence cost DM50, divorce cost just over £10,000. As 'experiences' go, it's not one I'm especially keen to repeat...
  8. poet, can you enlighten all ARRSErs on who you are marrying and where your preference would be? what is your reason for wanting to get married abroad in the first place? my Wife and I were married on Mauritius, she is from Sarajevo so it was either get married in U.K. and annoy the Bosnian side or get married in Bosnia and annoy the U.K. side so we got married somewhere none of them could whine about as they were all invited :)