Getting in contact with A Company, Rifle Platoon, 7th Battalion, The Rifles.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Nick91, Feb 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I'm considering in the future perhaps applying to join the TA.

I looked up my closest TA base which for me is the Booker unit (High Wycombe) which is used by Royal Signals as well as Infantry from the Rifles. However I'm trying to find a contact number to which I speak to somebody at the unit to organise a tour/visit perhaps to see what it's like.

Who do I speak to regarding my local unit? I have a suspicion that this unit is only a Platoon detachment which falls under the banner of A Company of 7th Battalion however does this mean I need to speak A Company directly in order to organise a visit to the booker unit? (It lists A Company as being based at Edward Brooks Barracks in Abingdon.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Yes you are better of speaking to A Coy rather than trying to contact the Pl as the Coy office should be manned consistently throughout the week and they will be able to pass your details to the PSI or recruiting NCO at the Pl location for them to get in touch with you.
  3. A Company
    Edward Brooks Barracks, Cholswell Road, Shippon, Abingdon, Oxon, OX13 6HW
    Tel: 01235 546006
  4. I think that the last Signals packed up and left from that location a good while back. The platoon at Booker will have a Recruit NCO, but as the blokes above already said they are a sub unit of A Coy based in Abingdon.

A bit of rumour mongering here. Word on the wire is that now A Coy HQ has moved to Abingdon, Booker will move under HQ Coy based in Reading and Swindon Pln will move to A Coy which would make sense geographically. Course just because it makes sense doesn't mean it will happen.