getting hold of second hand mess dress

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by pogz, Aug 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone recommend how to source second hand mess dress and service dress? The TA uniform allowance given on commissioning won't stretch to buying new kit.

Also, should my priority be service dress or mess dress?
  2. Have you tried ebay?
  3. You may do yourself a favour by stating which regiment. if you are skinny I may have a Sam Browne in my archives.
    Service dress. Nov is not that far away. :D
  4. Smudge - thanks, ebay was also my first thought, but I was amazed to discover there wasn't much on there.

the_butler - I'm Signals, and female, which probably makes my search a bit harder. How skinny is skinny? I may well be interested in buying your Sam Browne if you're not thin as a rake!
  5. Get the number for the Mess at Blandford. IIRC they sell on old Mess/Service Dress. I got my QM a Majors peak cap from there.
  6. I am going to wax it and then see if it is any good it has been in a box for a very long time. It is probably 30-32 inch waist and definitely never worn by me. (I wore a hash brown once durin a food fight.) Clipped and very good quality. But won't know if it has stood the test of time till I renovate it.
  7. msr

msr LE

They do. Make an appointment when you go on your Tp Comd course.

Also, speak to your PSAO, they have all sorts of stuff tucked away.

8. That may well do fine - let me know if you decide to sell it.
  9. Snowed under at the moment but will get it sorted eventually. In the meantime check this out