Getting fit

squigeypie

War Hero
dingerr said:
squigeypie said:
martync06 said:
I am at the application stage of joining the army, Got to take the forms in on thursday. I want to get into logistics as a driver.
On the fitness side of things, I have been running for a mile every other day and i have got it down to 6 minutes, not sure what else i need to be able to do to pass selection, can anyone help?
why rlc? im not knocking them, u can drive in any arm
Quite true - but i am knocking them - this is now the most pointless trade in the british army and brings nothing to the table anymore a total waste of your time unless your IQ is no higher than a brick, and i wouldn't join the RLC either (unless Ammo Tech). Much as i hate to admit it RE is probably one of the best if you are looking for more trade orientated rather than fighting orientated.
i agree, they have some decent trades that you can take into civvy street . some trades demand a 40-50k salary in any decent engineering outfit which is better than staggin' on the gate of some pop factory for £6 an hour

Morty

War Hero
martync06 said:
one thing i didn't know though was there was a minimum weight requirement, i have got to put 3kg so they can progress my application.
Hiya mate. I'm a little on the light side too, not underweight, but not exactly bulky at 64 kg and 5'7". If you want to put weight on, you should try and up your calorie intake (a chef friend suggested consuming around 7000 per day as opposed to the 2500 recomended by those experts), and instead of taking this in three huge meals (which would be a waste as the body would only digest what it needed and get rid of the rest), he suggested eating a smaller meal every few hours or so, stuff like a baked spud with tuna, or a chicken breast etc.

Combined with excercise and the weight should add up. Don't turn into a bloater though. Good luck.

Sandbanks

War Hero
Hold on a sec, I'm 5'8" and went through my time in the army weighing 10 stone (63.5kg for you youngsters) and in that time did AACC and P-Coy within 3 weeks of each other. How much exactly do you weigh? I'm intrigued that when we read so much about obese kids that you actually have been told to put weight on.

martync06

Swinger
I am 8 stone, around 50kg, it has kind of hacked me off a little bit because i don't see why wight matters, surely I would put the wieight on by the time i have completed basic?
But i suppose there are reasons.

Sandbanks

War Hero
Paint yourself with black and white horizontal stripes, get back down the Recruiting Office, and tell them you want to join the RA, on the Guns, as an aiming post. And tell 'em I sent you.

martync06 said:
I am 8 stone, around 50kg, it has kind of hacked me off a little bit because i don't see why wight matters, surely I would put the wieight on by the time i have completed basic?
who said anythin about gaining weight in training son

i've done 14 weeks and lost just under a stone... thats with eating twice as much i was at home

and i wernt fat either

martync06

Swinger
I have been told to work on building muscle as it weights more than fat, and 3 kg isn't alot, but i am aiming to put a stone on.

And theres no need to get funny matey, It's not my fault i had medical problems (nothing that will stop me getting into the army, i've checked) when i was younger. that's why i am of a smaller build at the moment.

I think it's stupid that there's a minimum weight limit (which isn't mentioned before you apply) because they haven't tested my ability before they have said i wouldn't pass selection.

martync06

Swinger
Sandbanks said:
Paint yourself with black and white horizontal stripes, get back down the Recruiting Office, and tell them you want to join the RA, on the Guns, as an aiming post. And tell 'em I sent you.
Don't know what you do in the army, and i am not really interested, but that is really fuckin offensive, Put it this way i certainly wouldn't want to be in a gun fight with you watching my back.. people should give advice on here not abuse.

So go and have a word with yourself!

martync06

Swinger
Maybe it isn't offensive to you but it is to me.
Going to see the doctor on friday to see if there's a quick way to build my wight up then i'll prove to anyone that thinks a "skinny git" or "aiming post" can't make it in the army, actually can make it and be a good soldier!

martync06 said:
Don't know what you do in the army, and i am not really interested, but that is really * offensive, Put it this way i certainly wouldn't want to be in a gun fight with you watching my back.. people should give advice on here not abuse.
My bold. That's definately not offensive. Offensive is if he called your mother a gopping, fleshy moonbeast and stated that she puts her belt on with a boomerang.
Now double away and get some pies down your neck you anorexic wretch.

martync06

Swinger
Anorexic wretch!? and i guess they paint you green and use you as a tank do they?

I am far from anorexic mate, i might be skinny but i am well toned.

If you people are defending our country god help us, with attitudes like that.

Now if people want to offer helpful advice then please do if not **** off untill you get a life!

martync06 said:
Anorexic wretch!? and i guess they paint you green and use you as a tank do they?
Nope, they paint me black and use me as your mother's favourite dildo.

I am far from anorexic mate, i might be skinny but i am well toned.
Congratulations "abs"

If you people are defending our country god help us.
God wont be helping you but a sense of humour might you uptight cunt.
Now if people want to offer helpful advice then please do if not * off untill you get a life!
You got some advice - eat more.

martync06

Swinger
I didn't mean to be nasty or offensive.
I should be able to put 3 kg on quite quickly just need to work at it. and i eat loads, just don't seem to put that much wieght on.

martync06

Swinger
Sorry for being a total tit earlier.
I should get used to it as i will probably get alot more when i eventually do get in.

I got my height wrong, i am 169 cm, so i am still skinny, but not as much as i would be if i was 179 cm.

squigeypie

War Hero
martync06 said:
better spend two weeks in macdonalds

squigeypie

War Hero
martync06 said:
Sorry for being a total tit earlier.
I should get used to it as i will probably get alot more when i eventually do get in.

I got my height wrong, i am 169 cm, so i am still skinny, but not as much as i would be if i was 179 cm.
i dont think the army is for you somehow

Hi,

My first post here, just been browsing through as my lad wants to join, so I thought I'd see what's going on. I couldn't help posting a reply re the 'offended one'. I don't know him of course but you need to wise up mate and don't be so quick to take the fence, if you get in you will get a lot worse, it don't mean anything, if you read it all through again you might even laugh yourself! I was a skinny git when I joined at age 15 in '71! get stuck in, give as good as you get and don't be f***ing PC, it will be the ruin of our forces.

Best regards to all(especially those trying to get in!)

Bob
france

Latest Threads