Getting Fit For Basic

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by musiclifesoul, Feb 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi
    Im currently training for basic training, ive got 6 weeks left! im getting a bit worried mainly because i got a bit unmotivated over the past 2 months and havnt realy done much, ive started again but the group of people i train with have stopped.

I was wondering if anyone had any training advice (what to do and what not to do) or if anyone is training around the romford/dagenham area?

2. Do you get bored whilst running?
  3. It sounds a bit stupid but i always think about when i get to basic training and getting my beret and stuff like that. Also think about getting beaten by everyone else in pt and that motivates me!
  4. Well to get motivated you could think how much of a tit youll look if you faill the fitness tests in the first week of basic and from then on youll be marked as a lazy fcuk!!
  5. I suppose that a good way of thinking about it! i can happily go down the gym and get on with it, its just the running i get sooooo bored and complacent!!

i suppose being the last fat kid across the line and failing pt could push me on!!