Getting fit again after pregnancy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ariadne, Jun 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am due to have a baby (my first) in 2 1/2 months time. I've not done any phys since I've been pregnant except some gentle swimming (although I hear of wonder women doing triathlons and all sorts, it really doesn't work for me).
    I was fit prior to getting pregnant and never had any probs with BPFA or CFT. I've not had any health problems in pregnancy either but fast walking and running starts some pain in the abdomen area.
    I've bought some good exercise DVDS to ease myself back in after having the baby but since my other half will be away and babysitters are scarce, are there any effective exercises I can do at home to supplement the couple of times a week I'll realistically be able to get out running?

2. get you one of those fancy all terrain buggies for the sprog and go running with it. Fresh air and plenty of sunshine fo the sprog and a good workout for you.

Everyone wins :D
  3. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Sounds a bit Earth Mother but my missus did yoga before during and after. She is still slim (53kg) and looks great.
  4. One fo the FANYs who is a marathon runner did special yoga for mothers-to-be - it sounds excellent
  5. Yoga does work, also lots of walking helps.
    Gentle ab crunchies to get the muscles back together again.
    If the baby comes sunroof style and not out yer chuff then you wont be able to exercise properly till 6-7 weeks.

6. Such an eloquant way with words... :D
  7. It did make me laugh though.

Long hard sex sessions in all kinds of positions will help a lot. I read your other half is away but I am sure there are plenty of arrse members willing to assist. Volunteers?
  8. Thanks for the replies folks,

I'll definitely try running with the all-terrain pram (after some fast walking sessions), although yoga's not really my thing.
    Watertight: I'll postpone the "long, hard sex sessions" and use the time to do plenty of Kegel's exercises before he returns!