Getting discharged/buying myself out

Without going into all the personal issues involved in my case, I've come to the decision that I want to leave the army. I'm currently midway through phase 2 training and as I'm over 18 my DAOR window has closed. On what grounds can I try to apply for a discharge and what are my options re buying myself out, ie how much would it cost etc. I've raised the issue with my chain of command but I'm not getting too much response. I'm not a UK citizen/resident if that might have any relevance. Any advice please.

Since when has there been no option to buy out? I'm not commonwealth -I'm a Rep of Ireland citizen. If I get out I have no intention of remaining in the UK as I have a wife and house back in Ireland so that is not a concern. I have spoken to the Padre and he reckons given the issues I have grounds.

You could inject hard drugs into the vein on the top of your penis, then show it the Adjutant.

Chiorino said:
Since when has there been no option to buy out? I'm not commonwealth -I'm a Rep of Ireland citizen. If I get out I have no intention of remaining in the UK as I have a wife and house back in Ireland so that is not a concern. I have spoken to the Padre and he reckons given the issues I have grounds.
Since when was you TOLD there was a PVR in the Army anymore, if you have got some kind of paperwork saying that you may have a case but as far as Im aware there isnt. Take good look at the 271W (copy of your contract) or remember back to signing your 271A (contract) and you will note what you signed up for which would of been a minimum of four years service and a DAOR clause between the 4 week stage and three months stage (over 18) or up to 6 months (under 18). Unless your signed a totally different contract and was told lies by your recruiting office, which i doubt very much.

Obviously I'd rather not go down the route of drugs/AWOL. Basically what happened was over the course of three week before Christmas I was told I would be unable to do the trade assigned to me due to security issues and that I would have to change trade/capbadge or apply for discharge. Having thought about my options over Christmas leave I decided there were no other trades I wanted I decided to discharge. Within ten minutes of informing the PSO of my decision, suddenly I was now allowed to do the trade. Having told my wife and family I was coming home and arranged a job among other things while on Christmas leave, this has messed me up big time.

If you are going to be a fecking admin vortex, they may see sense and bin you off

Thanks for the advice folks. I realise, Bradders, that my plans are reversible but the whole episode has changed my outlook on a career in the army. Also the wife is now going absolutely spastic over the whole thing.

Having said all that, does anybody think I have the grounds/will they actually let me know. As I said I could simply piss off back home and there's not a huge amount the army could do but I'd rather not go down that road.

Did you not read the contract you signed?

msr

In a word. Unlucky.

walk into the Adj's office with a pair of underpants on your head and two pencils up your nose. Everytime he asks a question, reply with wibble. works every time

Chiorino said:
So basically what I should do is act like a mental case or make myself such a headache that they just give up and let me out?
or of course you could do the service you promised to do when you signed up...simple choices really