Getting Deployed

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by adamb, Oct 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok i got my ADSC coming up hoping to pass it first time and start phase 1 in jan/feb. After the 26 week course were am i likely to get posted? Im going for 2 royal anglian, i know there in Celle; Germany but is there a high chance id get posted there straight away? And one more thing, how long is it after passing do you get posted to afgahnistan? thanks all
  2. Worry about getting into basic, then worry about passing basic, then worry about your regiment, then worry about going on ops. One step at a time.
  3. whos an eager beaver???
  4. If you are going to join R ANGLIAN then the answer is quite simple; you will probably join either the 1st or 2nd Bn dependeing on the battalions' needs. If you are posted to 2 R ANGLIAN then it will be a matter of some leave after your course and then been sent straight there. Bearing in mind what they are doing at the moment it is probably fair to say that they will not be going on ops for between 12 and 24 months, so enough time for you to get through trg. There is no guarantee that they will be going to Afghanistan... although there is a high chance they might in turn.
  5. What he said. Could add more but cant due to opsec
  6. Im hoping to join 2 Royal Anglian as i want light role not armoured. Thanks for your info barbs.

And yes brian i am really keen & excited lol i cant wait, what is opsec easesprings? thanks.
  7. operational security.
  8. Opsec = Operational Security. Basically don't divulge anything on a public forum that could risk the Operational Security of Units or personal. ie whos up to what and where and when

Oh best of luck and keep up the enthusiasm you will need it when things are getting you down
  9. Oh right, thanks again all.
  10. Basically he could say but he'd have to kill you, and me, and everyone who uses the forum, and everyone who browses the internet - alot of work.
  11. Of course when talking of deploying on Ops, there is the small matter of your age to consider?