Getting decent comp advice, with not so much cash to spend =(

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Reaver, Nov 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, i'm in a bit of a situation, i'm looking to get a new PC because i've got all these decent games which require a pretty nifty set up. but don't exactly have a lot of money to shed out on really hi spec rig, so im appealing to you guys for advice.

Also i currently don't own a comp anymore on top of that.

2. Then how did you post this? Vulcan Mind-Meld?

Find the game which requires the highest minimum spec: then go to Amazon and have shufti through the prices.
  3. If you have the time and patience, you can get more bangs for your bucks on eBay. There are thousands of PCs on there, but I found it possible to filter them down to (a)genuine private sales of (b) branded PCs (c) less than a year old/under warranty. I just sat there and tried to "snipe" a few. Had quite a few misses, but eventually I bagged a nearly new HP Pavilion Elite (Win7 64 Pro nvidea GT240 6MB RAM) for about two hundred - including a decent acer 24" monitor. Vendor had bought a Mac to replace it, because it looked nice...
  4. msr

msr LE

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

check the spec on the games and then look on ebay for someone cleaning out their lounge to make space. a bit of time online and you're sorted.

that said you can get some decent hardware for 3-400 quid nowdays.

but why do you have the games before the hardware?