Getting Cigarette Smell Out of Car?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Jimmy_Carter_is_Smarter, Feb 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wipe all surfaces with ether

2. Fabreze
    Works wonders. Once used it on an ex-gamekeepers Range Rover before I sold it.
    Got rid of the wet dog, mouldy grain and dead furry animal smells very well. I suppose it is possible the smell came back when the Fabreze wore off but I'd got rid by then

3. Don't smoke?

4. Sell the car as is, buy a new one, dont smoke in it, job done.

5. Get in car. Close windows. Smoke a fcuk off big cigar.

6. Take up smoking, you won't smell it any more then.

7. Die.

8. Set fire to the car, claim on the insurance.
    Buy new car.
    Job done.

9. Two things to try,

Place a bowl of white vinegar and water 50/50 split in car overnight, you might have to do this two or three times depending on how much of a heavy smoker your ex was.

Do you have a dyson or similar? Sprinkle baking soda into ashtray, carpet and seats. Leave for 24 hours before vacuuming. You need a really really powerful vacuum for this or you will never get it all up again.

If you don't want to try the baking soda, try a product called Neutrodol. It comes as a spray and in a little pot like an air freshener which you can leave under one of the seats. It is a brilliant product but not many places stock it anymore. PM me if you can't find it.

HP
    X

10. There, fixed another one.

Please ensure the windows are open or the resulting overpressure may make your ears pop. :evil:

11. Wrong time of the year, but...........................a box of grass clippings next time you mow the lawn. Leave it there for about a week. Works a treat.

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Buy a small bottle of cheap pop. Drink the pop.

Fill the pop bottle with petrol. Stick a rag in the neck.

Place upon O/S wheel. Light rag.

Stroll away.

Claim insurance

Next question?

13. yes, Where were you on the 20th November 1992 at approx 1100hrs?