Getting Cam Cream Off Your Face!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by beerdrinker5, Mar 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can people share thier tips on how to get this stuff off, even baby whipes leave me looking grubby and i always need to take about 3 showers before i look presentable after wearing cam cream.
    cheers

2. Use shower gel instead of soap. comes off a treat.

3. put vaseline on before the cam cream, it will come right off :D

4. Baby wipes, they work a treat for me and my face is just like the arse of a newborn after. ;)

5. [​IMG]

FROM BOOTS :spiderman:

6. Use the girlfriends makeup removal facewash stuff. Added bonus, it's free! :biggrin:

7. baby wipes + moisteriser

8. All the usual washing as already mentioned then go for a sauna to get the manky stuff our of your pores.

BT.

9. Use your pi$$. The enzymes in it react with the chemicals in the cam cream disolving it easily. Gets in all the nooks and crannies better than wipes.

Don't use soap in the pi$$ though it neutralizes it. pure pi$$, take your time and the cam cream will be seen off your face in no time.

10. A full facial normally helps, ask your Cpl to administer it.

Or use magic markers, they stay on all exercise.

11. [​IMG]

A very good hand cleaner that's not too harsh to use on your face. You can always decant a little into a film canister or similar container.

Available here
    http://www.wilco-fastfit.co.uk/wilco/html/hand_cleanser.html
    and everywhere else.

Note that most other hand cleaners are too harsh to use on your face - they'll give you dermatitis. Fast Orange used to give me dermatitis on my hands it was that nasty.

The make up remover idea makes sense but I never tried it myself.

12. Shower Gel and a flannel works for me.

TB

13. Here's the science bit, concentrate...

Cam cream has an oil base to it, which means you need one of three things to remove it.
    1) soap - it breaks down the oils in the same way washing up liquid does your fried breakfast pan.
    2) other oil-based products, (as they dissolve into eachother) such as vaseline or moisturiser. Or WD40, although long term application may lead to health problems in later life.
    3) Some alcohols will dissolve in fats such as cam cream making it easier to wipe off, but not all so you may have to experiment with babywipe brand to find one that suits.

In short, the science backs up the experience already stated here, and recommends giving it a good wipe with something creamy/fatty/alcoholic and then using soap to remove the remnants.

Sounds like the end of a good night out to me. :thumleft:

edited, because I can't count.

14. I found being strapped face up on the roof rack and being driven through the local car wash worked for me every time. For H&S purposes, the local Asda insisted that I wore a 'hard hat' peak to the rear, otherwise I risked invalidating their insurances.